Question about Apple iPod nano
Your iPod Won't Turn On" from the Apple Support Site provides in-depth instructions for troubleshooting an iPod that won't turn on. Apple recommends that you:
1. Make sure the Hold switch is off
2. Make sure the battery is charged
3. Reset iPod
4. Let iPod's battery drain
5. Update iPod's software
6. Make sure iPod is the only device in your FireWire or USB chain. Disconnect everything but the mouse, keyboard, and your iPod, then see if it will turn on.
7. Make sure you are using the FireWire or USB cable that came with your iPod, and that the cable is in good condition.
8. Try connecting iPod to the built-in port of a different computer to see if that works.
"iPod Stops Responding or Won't Wake From Sleep" from the Apple Support Site notes that you need to "charge your iPod, then reset your iPod" if it won't turn off or wake up.
Posted on Dec 18, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 05, 2011 | Apple iPod MA446LL/A MP3 Player
Sep 27, 2009 | Apple 20gb Ipod Mp3 Player With Click...
Feb 13, 2009 | Apple iPod touch
Oct 05, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 26, 2008 | Apple iPod nano
Jan 24, 2008 | Apple iPod nano 3rd Generation
Oct 25, 2007 | Apple iPod 4th Generation MP3 Player
147 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: