Question about Hoover Dishwashers
I have a HED6612-80 and the rinse aid light wont go off even though it is full. What's Wrong?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Rinse Aid does not dispense
From diagram RINSE AID & SOAP DISPENSER, replace PS138912
Wax Motor for Detergent Cup Actuation.
Posted on Apr 27, 2008
I did the same thing with my Maytag dishwasher, several times actually, before realizing I was putting blue dish soap in the rinse aid compartment which then wouldn't empty. Then my Maytag started making ominous noises during the rinse cycle (appliance guy said it was "cavitation" noise).
Appliance guy wanted to replace the whole detergent/rinse aid compartment but since he told me the noise was probably caused by the dish soap stuck in the rinse aid compartment, I decided to try to get rid of it first. Here is the method that worked for me; it took most of a day but saved me parts & labor:
1. Get some white vinegar--I used nearly a quart.
2. Fill the rinse aid compartment to brim with the vinegar (overfill) but don't put cap on
3. Raise the dishwasher door slowly until the vinegar drains into the lower part of the chamber (at least this is how my Maytag worked)
4. Agitate the contents as best you can by rapidly shaking the dishwasher door up & down.
5. I also used a small plastic medicine dropper jammed into small openings on each side of the rinse aid compartment to agitate the vinegar by squeezing air into them.
6. Drain the compartment by closing the dishwasher door (move it to full vertical)--vinegar will drain into the bottom of the dishwasher.
7. Repeat above steps a couple times, then fill again w/vinegar, put the cap on and let it stand for awhile. Then drain and repeat the whole routine several times.
8. Blue-colored vinegar will come out which is a good sign (or whatever color your dish soap was).
9. After awhile, I started pouring generous amts of very hot tap water thru the rinse aid compartment, alternating with white vinegar. (No reason you can't use hot vinegar also.)
10. Eventually, all the blue stuff came out & the see-thru levels of the rinse aid compartment were completely clear/empty.
11. Run the dishwasher (I decided to not put any rinse aid in). I got some overfoaming (from the washed out soap) the first time I ran it which I probably could have remedied by adding more vinegar & possibly salt, but the noises were gone!
I just ran the cleaned out dishwasher a 2nd time & it was back to its quiet self with no overfoaming.
Takes some patience but hey, beats a big repair bill!!
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
solved the problem by rechecking all the pipes in/out,filter,rinse aid dispenser and salt cellar. Hey ho the salt cellar was empty!!!! obviously had an elderly moment, thanks for checking back, dont laugh it comes to us all eventually Gary
Posted on Aug 20, 2009
We have had the same problem but have found a fix.
1. If any of the wheels have come off the top sliding basket/rack you need to make sure they are all back on for each wash ( ours are very loose! )
2. Push the top rack in FIRMLY before you wash - make sure it engages at the back.
That's it - solved it for us after months of problems.
I think that as the wheels get worn the top rack does not fully engage at the back and this is when the problem starts manifesting itself. We have some new wheels on order but they are taking ages to arrive.
Posted on Mar 30, 2010
Phone Bosch 08448 928 979 for a step by step solution. Program select at 12 o'clock. Press ON/OFF and Time Delay button together. Press time delay button, display should change from 1 to 0, indicating warning light is inactive.
Posted on Jul 14, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 28, 2015 | Miele Dishwashers
Feb 05, 2008 | Electrolux 18 in. ESL4114 Slim-Line...
Apr 29, 2014 | Westinghouse Dishwashers
Mar 04, 2011 | Fisher and Paykel 23 in. DD-603SS Built-in...
Jun 25, 2010 | Dishwashers
Feb 04, 2010 | Dishwashers
Aug 14, 2009 | LG 24 in. LDS 5811 Built-in Dishwasher
May 22, 2009 | Bosch Exxcel WFO 2465 Front Load Washer
Apr 10, 2009 | Maytag 24 in. DWU7402 Built-in Dishwasher
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!