Question about Electrical Supplies
I have just done this myself and without blowing myself up.
1. Tools needed will be a torch and a philips screwdriver
2. Switch off your mains.
3. Check your mains are off
4. On the fuse itself they are two screws. One above the hager sign and one below. Unscrew these. The top screw keeps the wire in from the mains and bottom screw is to keep fuse screwed to the actual fuse box
5. You should be able to remove your fuse now
6. On your new fuse there will be a white piece at the back. Pull that down
7. When the fuse is removed you will see the wire which is now free and on the bottom a plug which is where your new fuse slots in.
8. Slot your new fuse on the plug and tighten the bottom screw.
9. Put your wire in place on the top of the fuse and tighten the top screw.
10. Switch your new fuse on the "on" position.
11. Put back your cover on your fuse box
12. Switch your mains back on.
WHO NEEDS A MAN! PS ONLY ATTEMPT IF COMPETENT OR GET A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN!
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
If this is a B6 circuit breaker you are talking about then put the power off and remove the live wire from the top of the b6 fuse. Switch power back on and try to reset the breaker.If breaker now resets then you have a fault in your installation served by that breaker.P.S. a breaker will not reset under fault conditions.
If you have to remove to replace. then SWITCH OF MAINS.
Remove db lid and guard protecting busbar from bottom of breaker,you will now see a screw attaching breaker to busbar.Loosen sc rew and use screwdriver to pull down locking pin protuding from bottom of breaker ,tilt breaker forward and lift of busbar. ONLY ATTEMPT IF COMPETENT OR GET A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN.
Posted on Oct 06, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2014 | Electrical Supplies
Dec 27, 2012 | Belling Ovens
Jan 03, 2011 | 2001 Pontiac Aztek
May 26, 2010 | Electrical Supplies
Feb 04, 2010 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Jan 18, 2010 | 2003 Audi A4 Cabriolet
Aug 23, 2009 | Kitchen Appliances - Others
Mar 02, 2009 | Whirlpool LER4634J Electric Dryer
Dec 26, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 26, 2008 | Amana ALE643RB Electric Dryer
3,782 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: