Question about Magellan eXplorist 400 GPS Receiver
I NEED A NEW LCD FOR AN EXPLORIST 400. I HAVE CONTACTED MAGELLAN, THEY WANT ME TO SHIP IT TO THEM AND THEN THEY WILL FIX IT AND CHARGE ME APPROXIMATELY 60.00$. THIS IS A SIMPLE PART EXCHANGE AND I AM CAPABLE OF FIXING MYSELF. CAN YOU POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, WHERE CAN I BUY IT?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Broken touch screen
if it is cracked then most likely it will need to be sent back to the manufacturer for repairs. If its not working correctly you could always try to do a screen calibration.
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
You need to be brave, but it is pretty simlple. Basically you are going to clean the rubber keypad and circuit board contacts. These contacts develop a film over time that needs to be removed. That is the main reason telephone and remote control keypads fail over time.
1. Remove the battery.
2. Remove 5 screws holding the bady together and separate the backplate from the main body.
3. Now carefully lift the circuit board out of the main body. Do not disconnect anything, but be careful with the rubber seal that fits between the back and front plates.
4. With the circuit board laying flat on your work surface, remove the rubber keypad. It is held in place over the joystick. Carefully lift it off the joystick and set it aside.
5. Use a clean pencil eraser and lightly rub the contacts on the circuit board. Do the same thing on the keypad by pushing the little knobs out where you can rub them. Blow away the dust.
6. Use a Q-tip with some alcohol to clean the contacts on the curcuit board and on the keypad.
7. When the alcohol is dry, put everything back together in the opposite order.
This should be good enough, but if it does not solve the issue, then buy a rubber keypad repair kit (an example is at http://www.mgchemicals.com/downloads/appguide/appguide0206.pdf) and try again.
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 11, 2011 | Magellan eXplorist 100 GPS Receiver
Mar 03, 2011 | Magellan eXplorist 100 GPS Receiver
Dec 05, 2009 | Magellan eXplorist 400 GPS Receiver
Oct 31, 2009 | Magellan eXplorist 600 GPS Receiver
May 08, 2008 | Magellan eXplorist 600 GPS Receiver
Oct 19, 2007 | Magellan eXplorist 500 GPS Receiver
47 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!