Question about Canon EOS 40D Digital Camera
A few things to try. (you may have done all this already.
1. Make sure your battery is fully charged.
2. Remove the lens from the camera and inspect the 9 copper contacts that are on the bottom of the inside part of the lens. Ensure there is no damage or gook on any of them.
3. Do the same on the camera body. You'll see there are 9 spring loaded contact pins. ensure there are no damged pins and all move freely in and out.
4. Mount lens on camera, turn camera on, move mode dial to auto and press shutter release button to see if it will focus now. Make sure you AF is set to S-AF. Do this in plenty of available light.
5. if your indoors and the lighting is not great. Turn the flash on by pressing the button on the top left hand side of the camera. The flash will pop-up and you should be able to press the shutter release button.
One last thing to look at. With the lens mounted to the camera, press the MENU button and scroll down to firmware. It should be somewhere in tool list. Access the firmware. If the camera is recognizing the lens, the display should show the firmware for both the camera and the lens. If not, then........
You may want to contact manufacturing company. They should be able to give you further instructions. Failing that, they can give you an ideas as to the cost to repair.
If there is no response. you may just have a bad lens.. Many people have reported this problem and there is not much you can do about it then returning..
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Sep 12, 2009
You are trying to focus to close to and object or in light that is too low.
Posted on Sep 12, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2014 | Nikon D90 Digital Camera with 18-105mm...
Feb 17, 2014 | Nikon N65 35mm SLR Camera
Feb 05, 2011 | Nikon D3100 Digital Camera
Sep 12, 2009 | Canon EOS 40D Digital Camera
Sep 26, 2008 | Canon EOS 400D / Rebel XTi Digital Camera
Aug 25, 2007 | Canon Rebel XT / EOS 350D Digital Camera
Sep 04, 2005 | Olympus Camedia C-8080 Wide Zoom Digital...
Sep 04, 2005 | Olympus Camedia C-60 Zoom Digital Camera
Sep 04, 2005 | Olympus Camedia C-5060 Wide Zoom Digital...
Dec 18, 2011 | Canon EOS 40D Digital Camera
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: