I received this Dell Studio Laptop in Dec. of 2008. Since then I have tried 5 different printers and non of them (3 different HP's, 1 Lexmark, 1 Canon) will communicate with my computer. In addition, I have been on the phone with Dell Support and they said it was not a Dell problem and if I bought a Dell printer they could help me. In addition, they said they could not offer any support unless I purchased a package ranging from $150 to $250. This is a brand new computer. My son purchased it for me from Office Depot and they would not stand by the product either. Needless to say, this is my LAST Dell computer. I'm switching to a Mac. Dell is not the company they ued to be. They know about this problem, yet will do NOTHING about it. I would warn anyone considering a Dell to have them prove it prints before walking out the door, should you purchase from a store.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Delll Studio Printer Communication Problem
I understand your pain ,however are these printers usb did you install the software first then plug in the usb when the software requested for you to do so.Try this method if not can you try using a flash drive in the port.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Couple of things to consider and try,,,have you tried another USB device in the computer, like a flash drive? If it can read the flash drive ok then the problem is not the USB port. Try using a different USB cable for the printer. Make sure your computer is up to date with the most current drivers. To me it sounds like a bad printer cable. Another thing to try is having the printer attached and when the error message comes up try wiggling the cable to see if communication is restored. If so then chances are that the printer cable is bad. Hope this helps.
1. check if any other usb port is working or not. 2. check if you can print through the printer or not.
3. try to reinstall the drivers from support.dell.com, select your printer model and then download the drivers for your printer. 4. if again its giving the communication failure, then the integrated circut which suport the communication from printer to computer is dead. 5. contact a local technican who can fix this 6. more economical, get another printer AIO. 7. also, check if any other USb device is getting recognised or not 8. if yes, then the problem is the printer IC. 9. if no. then we need to install the drivers for the computer chipset. 10. go to the computer manufacturer's website select your computer and thengo to drivers and download the drivers for your computer chipset.
11. if that doesnot fix you need to reinstall the operating system.
12. post another question selecting your computer model if this happens
1. disconnect the parallel cable and uninstall the printer 2. check to see if you need to de fragment the hard drive. 3.. reinstall the drivers for the the printer from the OEM disk ( the disk that came with the printer. 4. Visit the manufacturers site for troubleshooting the wi-fi connection to the printer. 5. Hope this helps 6. Dell will usually assist with this issue.
you need to go to the "lexmark.com website" and download the new "vista" driver, it was looking for XP, and they are two different programs, also you can go to "control panel", and Open scanners and Printers, and see if the vista "hardware wizard" picks it up, and installs it too, let me know if this helps, god bless......
Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the software. Perhaps there is an updated driver for your system since you first installed it, or maybe yours is simply corrupted. I would suggest removing and reinstalling will solve the problem - if, in fact, that is your problem -I've not heard of this happening before.
do you receive and error msg like printer communication not available?
if you're receiving printer communication not available, you can try these steps:
1.Check if the firewall is blocking any printer services
2.Check what port the printer is using (reenable the bi-directional support) and if it's on online mode
3.Disable all the firewalls
4.Uninstall the printer driver and software
5.Delete any items under the ff keys: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers\Version-2
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers\Version-3
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet001\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers\Version-2
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet001\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers\Version-3
Optional*** 6.Delete any non default items under the ff keys: Note: ONLY THE NON DEFAULT ITEMS SHOULD BE DELETED HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet001\Control\Print\Monitors Default items are as follows: AppleTalk Printing Devices BJ Language Monitor Local Port PJL Language Monitor Standard TCP/IP Port USB Monitor Windows NT FAx Monitor ***** 7.Delete any items under the ff keys: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers