Hi, I am having trouble with my phone. About a week ago i came home one night and my phone only had a bar of power left, so i put it on the charger all night. when i woke up i looked at the phone and the screen was a weird mixture of dark brown, and green colors. the light indicated that the phone was not charged (it was red) so i took it off the charger and tried to turn it on. when i held the on button the green light came on ( it does this before the phone comes on) but the phone didn't come on. when i hold onto the "on button" the green light comes on, but about 3 or 4 seconds after i let go of it, the green light goes off again. and the phone stays off. i thought it might of been the battery so i went to my friends (who has the same phone) and tried their battery in my phone. no luck. it still didn't work. so i tried my battery in their phone; and it worked. so now i know it's not the battery. Now, when I plug it in the charger the light is green and that means it's charged.. what can the problem be? I only activated this phone to Alaint about a month ago. It's a used phone, but I don't want to get a new one now because then I would have to pay another activation fee, and i still have minutes on this phone.. So I don't know what to do. Is the problem of this phone fixable?
My cell phone is an CDM 8615 Audiovox, in the last couple of months my phone is blinking on and off when I have it pluged to the charger, it beeps on and off and today the charge did not last the full day. I put on a new batterie becouse this started with the old batterie I thought I needed to change the batterie that it wasn't accepting the charge. but it still does this even with the new one , could it be that the new batterie is defective and is there a way to tell if it is? But also after I unplugged the pjhone from the charger it still beeped on and off a couple more times. now I'm not sure if I am even close to what the problem is.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 or more questions within one hour.
Re: audiovox phone wont turn on!
I am very sorry to tell you that this kind of trouble requires soft and hardware repair... but if you really want to solv the problem.. visit a local sellphone repair in your area then they will tell you if it can be done. in my experience, this trouble is caused by the presure it recieved. maby you sat on the phone, dopped it, or installed a virus on the phone...
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It sounds as if the battery is defective. The fact that the battery worked in the phone at first indicates that your phone will except an aftermarket battery. I would contact the retailer whom if which you purchased the battery from to see what type of warranty they have.
Not a projection set if 32 inch---If looks like blotches try turning set with it on to see if they change--if so you may have not plugged the degaussing coil (usually a two pin plug) back in when you did the repair--it goes on the power board.
1.Check the device's battery level for at least two bars of strength.
2.If the battery level is low, charge the battery.
3.If the issue is not resolved, remove the back cover.
4.Remove the battery.
5.Wait 10 seconds.
6.Press and hold the W key.
7.While pressing down the W key, re-insert the battery.
•The device restarts and after approximately 15 seconds, the 'Recovery' screen appears
•Release the power button but *continue holding the home button*, for another 30 seconds.
You might try going to your comm manager which is in your programs list. Once you click on it it will take you to a screen that has 7 diff icons on it. If the one that looks like a phone has an X in the lower right hand corner click on it and it should solve your problem.
**Comm manager can also be axcessed by holding down the button on the left side under the slider bar if settings have not been changed**
Symptoms of a Defective or dying Power supplies on LCD TVs.
1. Light(s) on the front panel are behaving not normal example, blinking, amber color or not steady, fainting, etc.
2. TV not turning ON properly.
3. TV turns OFF by itself.
4. Needs to be unplug to many times to make it work.
5. Humming or high pitch noise heard through speakers or at the back of the TV.
Hey PNorris, If multiple electronic devices are failing in your home all at once, I would probably first have to ask if your home recently experienced an electrical storm or major power surge of any kind. Normally the effects of such large-scale surges are immediately noticeable - TV's and other major electronic devices may fail to turn on, fuses may be blown or circuit breakers tripped, and in some cases electrical wiring may be melted. If nothing like this has happened recently, low-level power surges may still be a potential cause of this problem. When the motor from any large appliance (such as an air conditioner or refrigerator) turns on or off, it often diverts power to and from other electronic devices using the same circuits. This fluctuation in electrical current may result in low-level power surges to every connected device. While not immediately noticeable, these low-level surges can often cause the eventual failure of (and gradually degrading quality in) many audio/video components. Typically, the easiest way to avoid situations like this is to make sure that outlets are not overloaded and surge protectors are used with every major electrical device in your home. For older homes however, replacing the house's wiring may be necessary. Homes that were originally built at the turn of the 20th century may not always have wiring capable of supporting the electrical needs of many modern appliances. Ultimately, this means that in addition to contacting your local TV repair facility, you may want to also speak with an electrician. This is probably the best way to determine whether or not power surges have caused these failures, and may give you a better idea how to proceed. Hope this helps you out. Sincerely, Aaron Go Ahead. Use Us.
I had the same problem a couple years ago with mine. After letting it set for several months, I tried to plug it in again after moving into another house. All of a sudden, it started working again. That was 1 year ago, but just last week...it did it again. I noticed that it does this if it is left on for an extended amount of time (my wife goes to bed at night and leaves it on). I cannot find anything on how to fix it, and no warranty assistance from RCA. I'm purchasing a Sony today, but will hold onto the RCA in case it decides to work again.