- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
All symptoms in your TV shows that you need to replace its Lamp as it has been consumed its life hours and TV requires new lamp. Lamp can be obtained from Sony Website. Price is $200, Hope this info will help you to enjoy your Sony TV in coming days.
After being on a little while, the screen goes black (no audio as well) for 20 to 30 seconds. Green light stays on. Then, picture comes back on and takes a couple of seconds to get up to full brightness. About 5 seconds or so after the video comes back, the audio returns.
Until this morning, has only happened a couple of times a day, now happening more often. About 3 times in last 20 minutes.
It sounds like the 200v supply to the crt's is missing. this is the source for driving the tubes, other than the high voltage generated by the flyback transformer. If the set got really bright gray with wome white lines that are kinda on a diagonal, this is generally the cause. the source for this voltage is a diode on the secondary of the flyback transformer.
* The TV set may be unplugged.
* A fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or switched off.
* The remote control unit (RCU) may be disabled.
* Make sure the TV/VCR are plugged in and the wall switch is on.
* Check the fuse or circuit breaker. Test the outlet with a lamp.
* Replace the RCU's batteries: if this fails exchange the unit.