Question about Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Ink absorber is a pad under the print head area, in the bottom fo the printer that collects excess ink from the machine.
The machine will need to be taken apart, you need to remove the old ink absorbers either wash and dry them for few days and then replace them into the unit or puchase new ones.
After that is done the waste ink counter will need to be reset.
Manual for Service mode
1. Turn off the printer. And disconnect the printer cable.
2. Press and hold the POWER button, turn on the printer.
3. The indicator (L.E.D.) should be green.
4. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator (L.E.D.)
should be orange.
5. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator
(L.E.D.) should be green
6. Release both buttons
if that doesn't reset it look for other suggestions at http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/52198
and google - http://www.google.com/search?q=PIXMA+iP1800+ink+counter+reset&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:fi:official&client=firefox-a
Or to save some fustration and headache just take the machine to canon service center to get it serviced, the end result will be much better.
Posted on Sep 12, 2009
Thanks for using FixYa. Open the cover, move the cartridges to the centre, and then press the pad of absorbent paper towel onto the waste ink pads. You can locate the waste ink pads to the right of the cartridges. This will absorb a lot of ink in the pads and that will remove the warning after you reset the printer waste ink tank counter. You can reset your Canon Printer by following this procedure—
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button 4 times for waste ink counter reset.
5) Turn off the printer.( it must be turn off) then turn it on again.
Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or else revert for further assistance.
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 02, 2011 | Canon MP520 All-In-One InkJet Photo...
May 16, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 04, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP90v Printer
Aug 25, 2010 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 08, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Aug 17, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 17, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 21, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
Sep 13, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP8500 InkJet Photo Printer
862 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: