Question about Jensen TS2750J TV
Its a Jensen 24" Pure Flat TV
We the same problem, our tv went blue with a blue pad lock in the upper left had corner.. we couldnt figure out how to get it off.. we even went to go and price tvs today... after looking for the tv manual and not being able to locate it, we decided to google jensen tvs and came up with this site... so thanks whom ever you are who said to hold down the display for 5 seconds and our tv was back!! thanks to whom ever u are with the last 2 suggestions!!!
Posted on Mar 09, 2008
If you're showing the blue screen with the little red lock in the UL corner, and you have the orginal remote that came with the unit, hold down the DISPLAY button for 5 seconds or more. Worked for me.
Posted on Dec 22, 2007
Thanks a lot. lol the t.v in my room wasn't working for almost a month. I'm So happy that I don't have to go all the way in the t.v room just to watch tv. Now i can just relax in my bed. But for others who have the same problem holding down on the display button does work. It worked for me :D:D that's why I'm actually taking the time out to type this because I'm so happy :)
Posted on Feb 04, 2008
Thanks soo much...I thought I might have to get new TV!
Posted on Sep 05, 2008
This works!!!!!!! I had read many other possible solutions - none worked (including leaving TV unplugged for 4 hours and taking batteries out of remote) then one last google search and I found this string - Thanks
Posted on Dec 12, 2009
Thanks for the information it help me some trick did it to my tv luckly i had another tv in my room but i like my tv better the other one for hoe's you know you know how players do it got my baby back thanks again
Posted on Nov 12, 2009
I have tv set Advante, my problem is the same, how to unlock my tv. I'll try this brand but there isn't like mine. So i'll try the suggest "to hold on display for 5 seconds" and horeee... my tv turn on again. thanks . Engel Jakarta Indonesia
Posted on Aug 09, 2008
Gr888888! my tv is an Opera & to my gr8 surprise it worked on mine as well! I just pressed Display button for a while, my tv turned off, then i put it on again, pressed it again... nothing, i turned it off again and pressed Display for much more than 5 seconds i.e. 1 minute, until my screen came back as usual! 10x 2 this site & who posted on it, i don't have to call a technician. That's why i said how i did it!
Posted on Jun 28, 2008
My television also showed blue screen with red padlock left hand corner. Read on this site that holding down display for a few seconds on remote may unlock this. So grateful for the person suggesting this. Thankyou so much. Moireen
Posted on Mar 02, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
1. Turn on the TV using the remote control. In most cases, you will need the original Jensen remote to unlock the TV if you aren't sure of the unlock code. You can purchase an original replacement online if necessary.
2. Look at the screen. If you see a red key on the bottom of the screen, press "Function" and "Mute" on the remote at the same time. This will unlock the channel. Do this if you want to bypass the lock to watch a certain show or channel while leaving the TV locked. All other channels will remain locked and the TV will lock again when it is turned off.
3. Unlock all of the channels on the TV by entering 0711 or 3308. These are the Jensen factory reset codes that will reset the TV to the original factory settings. By doing this, you will loose any information that you have stored in the TV, such as channel labels and schedules. You will have to program the TV again by going through the entire initial set up.
4. Call the technical support service number in your owner's manual if neither of those codes work. A technician can help you troubleshoot the television as the problem may not be the parental lock feature. Have the model number and serial number of the TV available when you call.
5. Take your television to a TV repair shop if neither of the codes work and the TV locked by itself while it was turned on. In this case, the TV may need to be rewired
Feb 22, 2011 | Jensen TS2750J TV
Nov 28, 2009 | Jensen Standard (CRT) Televisions
Apr 08, 2009 | Jensen TS2750J TV
Dec 01, 2008 | Standard (CRT) Televisions
Sep 27, 2008 | Jensen TS2050J 20" TV
965 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!