Question about Computers & Internet
I want to restore my laptop back to factory settings . It has windows XP home. It is a Fujitsu siemans amilo L7320GW and would just like to know how it,s done.
There are other options, such as choosing System Restore via Programs - Accessories - System Tools .. which would take your laptop to an earlier date, which could resolve problems.
But, if you want to know how a Factory Restore is done for your system (it's a long process), here it is:
1. Upon boot, select F8 until the menu
"Advanced Boot Options" appears.
2. Choose "Repair your Computer" (use Up/Down keys if necessary to find) and hit Enter.
3. Once Windows has loaded a few files, "System Recovery Options" will appear.
4. Under "Select a language" and "Select a keyboard layout:" specify the language and keyboard layout. As a rule, the language will be automatically recognized by
the system and is marked in grey.
5.Click on "Next".
6. Under "User name:" enter the user name and the "Password". The user name will also be available in the selection menu and can be called up by clicking on the
black triangle. If you have not assigned a password for the user selected, leave the "Password" field empty. Then click on "OK".
7. In the following "System Recovery Options" menu, select the option "Fujitsu Siemens Computers Recovery" with the sub-item "Easy backup and recovery
of your system".
8. In the next menu, select "Restore the as-delivered status" and click on "Next".
9. In the menu "Restore factory default settings", choose the option "From hard disk (recommended)" from "Select source" and confirm with "Next".
10. The next message informs you that all data could be lost. Once you have confirmed this message, your system is restored.
On completion of the restoration process, a confirmation message will be displayed.
11. Select "Exit" to close the process.
12. In the following "System Recovery Options" menu, select "Restart".
13. After the restart, you must make some adjustments. To do this, follow the onscreen instructions.
cous51 View Public Profile Find More Posts by cous51
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
Start hyour computer from the CD driver by going to the cmos (F1 or Del.) and select first driver CD then place your copy of the XP in the CD and start it gain it will guide you step by step do not selecgt anything othedr than new instellation
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
Posted on Jan 03, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 15, 2014 | Fujitsu Siemens AMILO D-7830 Notebook
Aug 05, 2013 | Everex StepNote XT5000T Notebook
Apr 17, 2013 | Fujitsu Siemens Computers & Internet
Nov 21, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Aug 26, 2011 | Fujitsu AMILO PC Laptops
Aug 02, 2011 | Fujitsu AMILO PC Laptops
Jun 28, 2011 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Mar 24, 2010 | Fujitsu Siemens Computers & Internet
Jun 04, 2009 | Fujitsu Siemens Computers & Internet
Dec 18, 2007 | Fujitsu AMILO D-8820 Notebook
6,416 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!