When i turn on my printer the green on light is only on for a split second then the paper and ink lights start flashing their red lights and i cant get anything printed off. it started right in the middle of printing something and ive tried turning it off, unplugging it, nothing seems to work.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: Epson Stylus C88 plus
Make sure that the head can move on the carriage bar as this indicates a head assembly lock or jam. Make sure all the paper paths are clear and there is no tiny piece of paper stuck. Power it back on. If this does not resolve then you will need a visit to the repair shop or buy a new printer which is probably cheaper!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
If the red lights are flashing simultaneously, it means that there is something blocking the printhead from moving. check if all inks are installed properly and the ink carriage cover is closed tight. If both red lights are flashing alternately,it means that the waste ink pad is full and needs to be replaced. This part is not user replaceable so you need to take in the printer for service.
im so sorry for the inconvineince that your having on this printer but let me help you.
Red paper and red ink light flash alternately and green power light is off
Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. If the lights are still on, that means the printer is having a hardware issue
Green power light is off; red paper and ink lights flash (quickly)
possible problem: The printer may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, and turn it on again. If the lights are still flashing , that means the printer is having a hardware issue
"Turn the printer on while holding down both the ink and paper buttons. When the paper light flashes release both buttons", then hold down the ink button for approx. half a minute until the printer lights flash again then release it. That resets the printer.”
mine did that. it was a full cartridge and it was still saying it was empty. tech support told me i had to reset the chip but mine was a refilled cartridge. then everything worked fine but i had the reseter