An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: CD will not play
If the radio operates normally but the CD function if inop, than the laser pick-up is out or another critical component of circuitry is out. Its cheaper to replace with an aftermarket deck, than to repair your broken one.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hav an 03 and it exhibited the same problems; on off on off nothing works. I discovered this repair 2 days ago and it works perfectly and I am one happy camper.
1. Start by pulling the main fuse for the radio (if you already haven't)
2. Re insert the fuse and turn the radio on (nevermind the on off sequence). Insert a music CD, it will take one.
3. Pull the fuse again, count to five and re insert fuse.
4. When the CD starts to play, use the menus to get down to the factory default settings and ask it to reset to factory.
5. And you are now working again. Or you should be. It basically is a processor and it operates just like your home PC whn it needs a reload. It searchs to the default drive which is the CD player.
I unpluged all the wires for one more time and it works again!!! I think the problem is that one or some wires are damaged because they are pressed between the unit and its case. I also shaked them up and down and for now, it is ok. Try it!! If this works for more than one day, I' ll let you know...
Mabye. I would suggest either opening the unit up and cleaning thr "laser" (optical pickup) with a q-tip. Or try using one of those cleaning cds that have the little cleaner fabric on the inderside...
if that doesent work something is most like wrong with the cd machanism wether its not spinning the cd or just not reading it due to a defective laser..