Question about Dell Studio 15 Laptop
Follow these steps and check if help to resolve the issue:
1. First clean the lens of the DVD Drive with a lens cleaner.
2. Try with different DVD disk. If the Drive is able to read different disk then check for any update or firmware update for the DVD drive.
3. Try uninstalling the DVD drive from the Device manager. CD/DVD Drivers are Operating System generic Drivers; it will be installed with the Operating System. You may reinstall the CD/DVD Driver from the Device Manager. Please go to 'Device Manager' and right click on the 'CD/DVD' Drive icon and select 'uninstall' and restart the Computer. When the Computer restarts, the Operating System will install the default CD/DVD Drivers to resolve the issue.
4. Try performing System Restore to restore the Computer when it was working normally.
5. Reinstall the Operating System to determine whether the issue is Hardware related or Software related.
6. If the issue persists after installing the Operating System then the Computer/DVD drive requires service.
Check the link given below also to get more information:
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
Try using a good quality DVD cleaner first. The lens for cd/dvd are different so one may work if the other is dirty. If cleaning does not work then the dvd lens may be out of alignment or broke. With today's prices it is cheaper to replace the drive $30-40 than try to repair it. Hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 11, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 14, 2011 | Dell Studio 15 Laptop
Jun 02, 2011 | Dell Studio 15 Laptop
Oct 24, 2010 | Dell Studio 15 Laptop
Aug 10, 2010 | Dell Computers & Internet
May 05, 2010 | Dell Studio 17 Laptop
Sep 22, 2009 | Dell Studio 15 Laptop
Sep 11, 2009 | Dell Studio 15 Laptop
497 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: