Question about HP Computers & Internet
Compaq EVO N1610c.
Will not start. Power adapter ok
Here's one trick to power up the laptop:
The battery may be too low for the power supply to charge it AND power up the laptop.
1. Remove the battery from the laptop
2. Plug in power adapter
3. Turn ON laptop; it should startup
4. Logon (if required)
5.Wait for the OS (Windows?) to settle down....
6. Put battery back in
7. Allow battery ro recharge a few hours.
(8. Obtain a heavier-duty (more watts) power adapter.)
(8A. You will have a spare to keep at your desk and one in the case)
If that doesn't work, then perhaps the power jack on the laptop is damaged. Check to see if the power plug at the laptop is "loose". If so, then:
1. Move the power plug to the left or right to see if the power lights on the laptop change on/off.
2. If they change, move the cord to whatever will keep it ON and charge the battery.
3. The jack may have come disconected (un-soldered) from the motherboard.
1. The power cord plug may be defective. You said that the power adapter is ok; however, if your conclusion is based on the fact that the LED light is ON on the adapter, it means that the power is at least getting to the converter part, but not necessarily to the plug at the end of the cord.
2. If you can further test it ... on another computer or voltmeter or use another adapter on your laptop (swap with someone, but don't use anything other than a Compaq power adapter).
I hope the first solution works! Please comment... to let us know...
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 18, 2012 | HP Compaq Evo Notebook N1015v (470046-573)
Jul 29, 2010 | Compaq Evo N1020V PC Notebook
Jun 16, 2010 | HP Compaq Evo n610c Notebook
Apr 18, 2010 | Compaq Evo N600C PC Notebook
Jul 24, 2007 | Compaq Evo N610C Notebook
71 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!