Question about Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Calculator
When I turn on my TI-83 Plus calculator I get the following message"Waiting... Please install calculator software now.When I press ON I get the error message "ERROR! Press any key to turn unit off. Then turn unit back on. I have done this and I get the first message and then the second message! I have tried taking the battery out and holding the CLEAR button. It doesn't work. I have tried to take out the battery and hold the CLEAR button and the ON button and this does not work either. Please someone help. I am not that technically oriented.
Please Install Calculator Software Now error
This message means that the operating system has been corrupted. These steps will allow you to update the OS.
Unit to Unit
• Connect two TI-83 Plus units by means of the data cable (short black cable that was prepackaged with the TI-83 Plus)
• Make sure that at least one of the TI-83 Pluses contains the current Operating System
• Select [2nd] Link
• Select "Send OS" option from the Link menu
• Make sure that the other unit still reads "Waiting Please Install"
• The OS should be downloading.
From the Computer
• Make sure you have the latest version of the TI Connect™ Software
• Download the latest version of OS for the TI-83 Plus to the desktop of the PC.
• Connect the appropriate TI-GRAPH LINK™ cable between the PC and TI-83 Plus.
• Since the TI-83 Plus is currently off, the TI-83 Plus will automatically turn on when the TI-GRAPH LINK Cable is inserted.
• On your computer, choose Start, Programs, TI Tools, TI Connect, TI OS Downloader.
Posted on Dec 10, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 09, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Calculator
Oct 28, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver...
Oct 27, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Calculator
Oct 26, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Calculator
Oct 21, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver...
Oct 20, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Calculator
Oct 19, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver...
Oct 11, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Calculator
Oct 05, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Calculator
Oct 22, 2008 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Calculator
844 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 2 Expert
Level 3 Expert