Question about LG DLE2532W Electric Dryer
If your dryer not heating up there may be several possibilities
1) Make sure the dryer is plugged in, all the circuit breakers are in correct position and make sure no fuses in the fuse panel are blown.
2) A defective heating element.
Before you check the heating element disconnect the power source to your dryer
The heating element checked by setting your multimeter to the R x 1 resistance scale. Touch each meter probe and to one end of the element. If you receive a reading of infinite resistance, then your heating element is no longer functioning properly and you will have to replace it.
3) Check the dryers thermal fuse is blown.For checking this disconnect the power source .Then the wires leading to the thermal fuse are connected using metal slip on connectors. Remove the wires by pulling on the connectors, and not the wires themselves. It may be a good idea to use a pair of needle nosed pliers to help you.
Set your multimeter to the R X 1 setting. Take each of your meter's probes and touch one to each terminal. You are testing for continuity, and you should receive a reading of either zero or infinity. At room temperature, testing the thermal fuse should produce a reading of zero. But if a thermostat is tested when it is heated to its limit, a reading of infinity should be produced.
4) If any of your dryer's thermostats have become defective, they could be the reason that your dryer is not heating. Open up your dryer's cabinet and test each of your dryer's thermostats.
5) A defective timer motor could also cause your dryer to not heat up. Test your dryer's timer motor.
Hope this helps
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 19, 2015 | Dryers
Sep 27, 2012 | LG DLE2532W Electric Dryer
Aug 03, 2011 | LG DLE5977 Electric Dryer
Feb 20, 2011 | LG Dryers
Jun 21, 2010 | LG DLE2532W Electric Dryer
Apr 09, 2010 | LG DLE7177 Dryer
Mar 02, 2010 | Amana DLE330RAW Electric Dryer
Apr 10, 2009 | Smith Corona Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 12, 2007 | Dryers
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!