Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
A. Determine the IP Address and MAC Address of the Xbox.
Note: You may find the IP address and MAC address of your Xbox on your Dashboard's Network Settings. Please refer to your Xbox manual for more information on this.
B. Reserve the IP address.
1. Please open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
2. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
3. For security reasons, the router has its own user name and password. When prompted, enter admin for the User name and password for the Password, both in lower case letters.
Note: If it does not take password as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords. If you cannot remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.
4. When the setup page opens, click on LAN IP Setup under Advanced tab.
5. Click on Add under Address Reservation.
6. Under Address Reservation window, please select the radio button of the computer you wish to add from the Address Reservation Table.
7. If the computer you want is not on the list, please click on the Refresh button to update the table.
8. If the computer is still not on the Address Reservation Table, please type in the IP Address, MAC Address, and Device Name of the computer you wish to add.
9. Click the Add button when done.
C. Forward the ports.
1. Click on the option with the name Port Forwarding/Port Triggering under the Advanced. For older firmware version, click on Port Triggering tab or just click Port Forwarding on Please select the service type.
2. Click Add and another window will pop up.
3. Type Xbox for Name. Set the radio button to Enable.
4. On Outgoing Port Range, set the Start Port and End Port to 3074.
5. On Incoming Port Range, you also have to indicate 3074 for Start Port and End Port. Save the settings by clicking on Apply.
6. Please repeat steps b to e and indicate 88 for Start Port and End Port. Then change the Name to Xbox2.
Note: If it still does not work, you may try these other options:
D. Lower down the MTU.
1. Access the Setup page of the router (refer to Step 2 above).
2. Click on the WAN Setup under Advanced tab.
3. Lower down the MTU size to 1492, 1400, 1358 or 1300.
4. Click on the Apply button.
E. Enable UPnP.
1. Go to UPnP tab of the router.
2. Enable UPnP and then save the settings by clicking on Apply. Some websites and devices require UPnP or Universal Plug and Play. Just make sure that it is enabled on the router.
F. Upgrade the firmware.
Note: Follow the steps below if the above troubleshooting still do not allow Xbox to connect using the router.
1. Please verify the router version and model either underneath or at its side panel.
2. Go to http://kbserver.NETGEAR.com/downloads_support.asp and please select the model of the router.
3. Click the appropriate version of the router.
4. Select the link of the latest firmware. Click the button Right-click and Save to Download. Save the file to the Desktop.
Note: Please perform firmware upgrade with Wired or Ethernet connection only.
5. Before upgrading, please write down all current settings since you need to enter them manually.
6. Using the computer hardwired on the router, please launch Internet Explorer and access the Setup page of the router (refer to Step 2).
7. Click on Maintenance and then Router Upgrade.
8. Click on Browse and locate the upgraded file in your Desktop. Then click on Upload.
9. Please wait for the router to reboot. After a successful firmware upgrade, you need to reset the router.
E. Reset the router.
1. Please push the reset button at the back of the router and release after 30 seconds.
2. Unplug the power adapter for 10 seconds and then plug it back in.
(this note should go before the step to Reset the router) Note: Resetting the router will erase all the settings so it needs to be reconfigured afterwards. The router can be reconfigured using the setup CD or by manual configuration.
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 08, 2013 | NetGear WNDR3400 N600 Wireless Dual Band...
Jun 02, 2011 | SMC Barricade N 802.11n WiFi Wireless...
Feb 26, 2010 | Buffalo Technology AirStation G54...
Oct 24, 2009 | Arris Wireless G Broadband Router (wr850g)
Sep 23, 2009 | D-Link DSL-G604T Wireless Router
Jul 25, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jul 10, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Mar 17, 2009 | Dell TrueMobile 1184 Wireless Broadband...
Dec 28, 2008 | Aluratek AIRMM01 Internet Radio Alarm...
124 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: