Upgrade firmware on NETGEAR router. Many a times, it is required that you...
Upgrade firmware on NETGEAR router.
Many a times, it is required that you upgrade the firmware on your NETGEAR for it to function properly and be equipped with the latest updates and feature offered by NETGEAR.
I have listed the specific steps which are required to upgrade firmware on most of the NETGEAR
A. Open the router page using the following way:
1. Connect a computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports.
2. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox).
3. Access the router, usually with http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 or http://www.routerlogin.com.
4. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the username and password is case sensitive. In case you have changed the password for router login then you need to use that one).
B. Visit the following link to download the latest firmware.
Type the model make of your NETGEAR router and it will show you the download page for that specific product.
C. Please follow the steps to upload the firmware of the router:
1. Open the router page using the steps as mentioned under step A.
2. Under Maintenance, click router Upgrade.
3. Click Browse and locate the upgrade file.
4. Click Upload.
5. Wait for the router to reboot.
6. Click on 'Logout' (at the bottom of the list) from left menu.
It is recommended that you reset and then reconfigure your router for the firmware to upload properly.
NOTE: Please upgrade the firmware on a computer connected wired to your router. Upgrading firmware on a wireless computer may cause your router to malfunction and can lead your router to be in an unusable state.
These steps will succesfully allow you to upgrade firmware on your NETGEAR router.
on Mar 18, 2010 | Routers