Question about ASUS Computers & Internet
I have an Antec SP-350 Power Supply with an Asus M2N MB & the Green LED light comes on on the MB but when I press the power button nothing happens. What could be Happening? ( this is the EXACT ASUS M2N MB: http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=74PPQIiEejvuIiHv ?
Things to try:
1. Check that the cpu fan is properly connected to the correct port marked CPU FAN.
2. Make sure the power cables are connected correctly to the motherboard.
3. Test the button switch with a multi-tester to make sure that it tests good.
4. Make sure the power switch is connected to the correct pins on the motherboard.
5. With the computer off pop the cr2032 battery out and pop it back in after a few minutes.
6. Test the power supply with either another motherboard or a power supply tester.
7. Test the motherboard with another power supply.
8. If all else fails replace the motherboard I have had a bad one from time to time even out of the box, and if you have a spare cpu you may want to test with that also. Cpu's hardly ever go bad I think I have had two go bad ever, not counting power surges and storm damage.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 01, 2011 | ASUS P7P55D PRO Motherboard
Jul 27, 2010 | ASUS P7P55D PRO Motherboard
Mar 06, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 16, 2009 | Antec EarthWatts EA380 380-Watt Power...
May 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Mar 10, 2008 | ASUS M2N-E Motherboard
199 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!