Question about Microwave Ovens
The Magentron is what generates the RF energy that creates the heat to cook. After 20 years, the magnetron on your oven has probably finally died. Due to the age of your appliance, I could only find one web site that still carries the part. A replacement magentron is available at repairclinic.com as item number 373304 and costs about $60.
Now...performing any repairs on the high voltage network of any microwave can be dangerous. Absolutely do not attempt to service the oven with the unit plugged in. There are voltage potentials of 3000-4000 volts in the high voltage network.
With the unit unplugged, you will have to remove the exterior case. With the case removed, the high voltage section is located on the right hand side. The magentron should be easily found with a connector plug that needs to be removed and some mounting scews.
Do not attempt to test the unit without re-installing the exterior case.
If you have any questions, please let me know. I hope this helps you.
NOTE: I'm impressed this unit has lasted 20 years.
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2016 | Whirlpool Accuwave Microwave Oven
Mar 07, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 27, 2012 | GE SpaceMaker Microwave Ovens
Apr 20, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 06, 2009 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven
May 22, 2008 | Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven
Mar 03, 2007 | Amana AMV1162 Microwave Oven
335 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!