Question about Canon PIXMA MX850 Multifunction Printer
Thanks for using FixYa. Open the cover, move the cartridges to the centre, and then press the pad of absorbent paper towel onto the waste ink pads. You can locate the waste ink pads to the right of the cartridges. This will absorb a lot of ink in the pads and that will remove the warning after you reset the printer waste ink tank counter. You can reset your Canon Printer by following this procedure—
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button 4 times for waste ink counter reset.
5) Turn off the printer.( it must be turn off) then turn it on again.
Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or else revert for further assistance.
Posted on Sep 15, 2009
6A00 is a problem in the purge area. 6a00 is often displayed after a mechanical problem. Standard solution is taking apart the printer and loking inside, behind the printheads for broken parts, paper or foreign objects.
To start unplug printer power cord , plug back and see if the error is still there.
You can try manually moving the print heads following instructions here: Solution Canon Pixma
If that does not fix the problem, then the printer must be disassembled.
Here a discussion on 6A00: Canon PIXMA MP800 Error 6A00 - fixyourownprinter.com
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 22, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
Jun 27, 2008 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 02, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 22, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 03, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 16, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP3000 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 08, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP3000 InkJet Photo Printer
Mar 10, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 02, 2007 | Canon PIXMA iP4000 InkJet Photo Printer
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!