Question about GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
I put in a frozen dinner & timed for one minute and went out to finish yard work. I kept smelling smoke from outside and knew it could not be from the house so I kept working and when I came inside the smell was overwhelming. The pannini, along with the box it was on was charred and the oven was entirely black, the house filled with smoke and the oven is dead. Is there any hope for it?
The cavity is mostly metal. It will be hard to clean and never fresh again, but the oven function may be fixable. The oven has several temperture sensors. If one or more sensors have tripped they may have to be replaced. Check the sensors with an ohmmeter, make sure the door closes securely and go from there.
Posted on Dec 12, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 25, 2014 | Emerson MW8119SB Microwave Oven
Sep 30, 2010 | KitchenAid Microwave Ovens
Jun 07, 2010 | GE Microwave Ovens
Nov 17, 2009 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven
Nov 05, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 25, 2009 | Kenmore 64663 Microwave Oven
Jan 02, 2009 | Jenn-Air JMC8130DD Microwave Oven
Sep 29, 2008 | Panasonic NN-S540 Microwave Oven
Mar 10, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
195 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: