An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: touchscreen on garmin nuvi 680 GPS stopped working
Try reseting the nuvi, there is a reset button on the bottom or on the back, some models have it on the front under the display cover.
if that doesn't help the digitizer which is the part on top of the lcd display that registers the touch could have failed and may need to be replaced.
I haven't seen many garmin repairers, you might have to get in touch with garmin about it, check ebay for replacement parts but if I remember correctly garmin takes care of it and don't distripute much parts.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
My touchscreen on Garmin nuvi 1390 not working too and .calibration it's help alsoI did twice hard reset my GPS Garmin Nuvi 1390 and nothing happening and after I tried different trick,when I turned GPS off I hold the top left corner screen.The screen exchange for calibrations and I pressed several times according request and my GPS Garmin Nuvi 1390 started work,but repairing company wanna charge me $100 Canadian dollars.I didn't connect GPS to computer
I would suggest you reset the unit, if that doesn't solve the problem, then you will have to update your nuvi.
Frozen nuvi is as result of software problem. So you either reset or update. Update helps to reinstall the operating system file of the nuvi, thereby, putting it back to order.
Performing a Standard Reset
1. Slide the power switch all the way to the left (with the Nuvi's screen facing you).
2. Hold the switch in the position for at least eight seconds.
3. Push the switch to the right to power the Nuvi back on.
Performing a Factory Reset
1. Turn your Nuvi off by sliding the power switch to the left.
2. Press your finger against the bottom right corner of the touchscreen. Hold your finger in this position.
3. Slide the power switch to the right to turn the Nuvi back on.
Continue to hold you finger against the screen until you see the factory
reset prompt. Tap "Yes" to perform the factory reset.
Follow the procedures below on how to update your garmin nuvi:
1. Plug one end of the USB cable into your GPS and the other end into your desktop or laptop computer. The GPS device will load the appropriate driver automatically, and a message on your GPS tells you that it is connected to your computer via USB. 2. Open your Internet browser of choice and type in the following web addres: "http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27 " 3. Download the appropriate version of the software for your computer (Windows or Apple) and Install the WebUpdater by following the wizard (accept defaults). 4. Click "Start," "Programs," "Garmin" and " WebUpdater" to update your firmware and your maps. Periodically check and make sure your software is current.
Please let me know if non of the above solves your problem so that I can help you further.
I will suggest you reset your GPS, to reset your gps, follow
this steps, turn off your device. Press down on bottom right corner of
touchscreen, and then power on the GPS unit. You should be prompted
whether do you really want to erase all user data, or asked if do you
really want to start up in maintenance mode. Press Yes to reset
(warning: all data will be erased and lost, so backup before proceeding)
or enter maintenance mode. Once the GPS unit is reset, remember to place the device
outside where there is a clear unobstructed view of the sky for 15 to 30
minutes in order for it to requires fix to GPS satellites. with this, the problem should be rectify.
You will need to recalibrate your screen. If the screen is not working at all, you can go search for the support article at Garmin. Use the keywords touchscreen and 600. This may temporarily fix the problem, but if you have a lemon, the touchscreen may need to be replaced. (The solution is also posted at this site from other users.)