By blackberry flip turned off in the middle of a call and I have not been able to to turn it on since. I changed the battery and that did not work. Any ideas?
it may be that battery is faulty, and is not charging.
A standard cellphone battery can support a charge from near empty to full about 300-500 times. after that, the charge is not 'filling' the battery, and it is drained quicker.
You can test the ability of the battery to hold a charge.
1. Plug the cell phone into its charger and plug the other end in to an electrical outlet. Allow the battery charge to full capacity.
2. Press and hold the power button on the cell phone to turn it off. Let the phone power down and remove the back cover to access the battery.
3. Remove the battery and observe the label for the voltage. Most cell phone batteries are 3.4 to 4.5 volts.
4. Turn on a multimeter. A multimeter tests current flow in voltage and amps and also resistance in a circuit. Place the black test probe on the negative battery contact and the red test probe on the positive battery contact. The contacts are on the edge or bottom of the battery and should be marked negative (-) and positive (+).
5. Place one test probe on the left terminal and one on the right, if the battery terminals are not marked. These are usually the correct terminals and the meter will show a positive reading. If the meter shows a negative reading, move the left or right probe to the middle terminal until one pair shows a positive reading.
6. Read the display on the multimeter. The voltage should be the same or a little higher than the battery label due to the fact that batteries hold an additional charge above the full charge mark when they have just been charged.
You can go to your local mobile store, and ask them to try another battery in your phone. if it works, great, you just need a new battery.
If not, well, the phone might have water damage, could have a circuit shorted out or something unusual. eitherway, if the phone doesnt turn on, you need to take it to the vendor, who has resources to test the equipment.
make a friend with someone who also has a Blackberry 8220, maybe you can try their battery for free, and if they arent looking, pull a switcheroo!
Mar 08, 2011 |
RIM BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 Cellular...