Question about NetGear MR814 Wireless Router
If you have windows XP then perform the steps below:
1. Right click on My Computer icon and go to Manage.
2. Go to Services then go to Service and Applications.
3. Double click on Wireless Zero Configuration.
4. Change the Start Up Type to Automatic and click on Apply.
5. Click on Start and press OK to close the window.
6. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
7. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
8. Go to the 'Wireless Networks' tab.
9. Check the option 'Use Windows to Configure this Wireless Connection' and click 'OK'.
Now please perform the following instructions to connect to the wireless network:
1. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
2. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
3. Click on the 'wireless network' tab.
4. Under Preferred networks if you see any name in the list then highlight the name and click remove.Click OK.
5. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'View Available Networks'.
6. Look for the SSID (aka Network Name) of the Wireless router or access point.
4. Highlight the SSID from the list that you want to connect to.
5. Type the security Key here and click on the 'Connect' button.
6. You should have successfully established a wireless network connection.
You can visit the link below to follow the steps in case the issue occurs
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest
FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please
comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 16, 2011 | NetGear MR814 Wireless Router
Jul 20, 2010 | NetGear MR814 Wireless Router
Feb 13, 2010 | NetGear MR814 Wireless Router
Nov 22, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 28, 2009 | NetGear MR814 Wireless Router
May 12, 2009 | NetGear MR814 Wireless Router
Mar 27, 2009 | NetGear MR814 Wireless Router
Feb 17, 2009 | NetGear ProSafe FS105 5-Port Ethernet...
309 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!