Question about Lexmark Z645 InkJet Photo Printer
No paper is in machine but get paper jam message...when I try to putpaper in in doesn't feed through, doesn't catch.What to do?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Lexmark X73 print/paper problem
Same problem here. Went thru a few tests with Lexmark but didnt help. They next said it would be best to get new one since repair cost would be higher. Thru front door I do see a spring that moves freely. That must be broke. After their help they sent email for 20% off.
Posted on Sep 13, 2007
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Jul 26, 2008
I suggest you get a sheet of Card Stock (Heavy
paper) and place it in the feed way. Then press the print
button applying a slight amount of pressure on the Card Stock so it
will feed through the printer. The reason for this is in some cases I
have been able to clear the paper track of debris that was deposited there
Worth a try, as I have fixed a number of printers this way, saving costly repairs.
Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Jan 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 17, 2015 | Samsung Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 10, 2007 | Epson RX620 All-In-One InkJet Photo...
Apr 02, 2012 | OKI C3530N Color MFP Printer
Jun 20, 2011 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-240C...
Jul 14, 2009 | HP PSC 2355 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 23, 2008 | Canon Pixma MP450 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 02, 2008 | HP DeskJet 3650 InkJet Printer
Jul 05, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 08, 2008 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!