Question about Washing Machines
If your washer pumps out the water but doesn't spin, check these:
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
This could be one of the following:
* Defective lid switch. Gain access to lid switch and ohm test in open and closed position.
* Lid plunger not making contact with lid switch. Use a pen to manually depress the lid switch (with the lid up). If washer spins, replace or repair plunger.
* Spin solenoid burned out or cut wires (older Whirlpool and Kenmore only). Ohm out solenoid (20-30 ohms). If OK, actuate solenoid with a test cord. Tug on wires supplying solenoid to ensure they are not cut.
* Worn or broken belt drive belt. Look for excessive glazing on the sides of the belt or cracks in the power side of the belt. On Maytag, replace the belt set if they look glazed or shiny on the sides even thought the belts may look OK otherwise.
* Bad timer contact. On older timers, it's sometimes possible to run an external jumper to replace the bad internal contacts. Usually, however, the entire timer must be replaced.
If you don't feel comfortable with these tests, please call in a qualified repair person.
Here is a link to a diagram to help.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
There are a couple of things that makes the machine not to spin, check:
Unevenly load makes the spin cycle to stop. Distribute the load, close the lid and pull knob out. Be sure the washer is leveled and the water is acceptable for load size.
Check the lid, it should be closed. If the machine doesn't spin even if the lid is closed maybe the lid switch needs to be replaced. This is a safety feature and should not be ignored.
As additional step, be sure there is power to the machine. If any other function works ok, then I'm sure this is an issue with the lid switch.
I hope this information helps, Good luck!
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 17, 2010 | Maytag Neptune FAV6800AW Top Load Washer
Sep 16, 2010 | Maytag Neptune FAV6800AW Top Load Washer
Sep 02, 2010 | Maytag Washing Machines
Jun 07, 2010 | Washing Machines
May 20, 2010 | Maytag Legacy Series Top Load Washer
Nov 25, 2009 | Maytag Washing Machines
May 28, 2009 | Maytag Atlantis MAV6451 Top Load Washer
Nov 28, 2007 | Washing Machines
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!