Question about Car Audio & Video

1 Answer

I want to no if i can buy a re cone for my cv v max the old type

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 37 Answers

You can buy replacements directly from Cerwin Vega themselves or you can buy generic cones from any place that does speaker repairs.

Posted on Sep 14, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer


If you don't want to disassemble, an option is to buy a universal split boot, cut the old boot and clamps off. Cut the new one to length if necessary, glue, install clamps. Link for an example product:

Or this method which will require a more stretchy boot and a cone:

Nov 10, 2016 | Renault Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How do i change the inner cv boot on my 2010 jetta 2.5

easy,take of the shaft,take off the ouside,after it is easy for the inner one,replace homcinetic,fill up with appropriete animal grease,yes the speciazl one you buy is really animal grease,with a black colorant,
and reassemble all,
should be done in about 2 hours max,

Mar 29, 2014 | 2010 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5

1 Answer

Looking to buy Drive Cone for Deckson ride on mower

Can't help you with the source, but I also want one.
The old part on my machine has a one inch hole (25.4mm) and I suspect yours has this also as back then B&S engines sported a one inch shaft. I'm thinking that I might have to get one machined, but finding that thick fibre material to start with will be a problem also.

Dec 13, 2012 | Garden

1 Answer

Have a plymouth breeze, every time I turn left it was making a loud clicking noise, now it sounds like a really bad loud scrubbing noise when I turned and drive starting last night. So it I cant drive it....

Probably a bad CV joint on one of your drive axles to the front wheels. You have two drive axles coming out of the transaxle, one to each front wheel, and both have an inner CV joint where they enter the transaxle, and an outer CV joint where the axles fit into the wheel hub. (A CV joint is really like the old U-joints, serving the same purpose.) A clicking noise on turning is usually a badly worn outer CV joint. The cheapest fix is to buy a remanufactured half-shaft for your car. That is the axle shaft with both CV joints at each end inspected and reconditioned with new grease and CV boots installed. You need to know which side is bad before buying. The half-shaft is sold ready to install. Someone with good mechanical skills will need to remove the old one and replace it with the new reconditioned axle shaft, or half shaft as they are also called. The last time I bought one (about two years ago) the cost was reasonable- about $65.00. That is less than the cost of one new CV joint.
Hope this helps you out.

Mar 21, 2012 | 1997 Plymouth Breeze

1 Answer

My van has this knocking noise when i turn left what is it?

It sounds like the CV half shaft. You will have to replace the whole thing back in the day all you had to buy was the CV joint. Now a days you'll haveto get the whole thing. Its pritty hard to do and will take some one a few hours if you dont know what to do. The way to check it is turn your wheel to the right and get a flash light look under behind the left tire just past the shock going to the motor you should see a black rubber cone with ribs on it see if its open and grease all around it. If you see grease all over the place and its the cv joint. also look around to see if you see anything rubbing ]. Sometimes if the front motor mount is bad or broken it will cause the motor to shift and turn a little were it causes something to rub.

Feb 14, 2011 | 2001 Dodge Caravan

1 Answer

Pioneer 4 way ts a6970 what are their wattage

  • 330W MAX.
  • 6" x 9" (16 x 24cm) woofer / 66mm cone midrange / 18mm dome tweeter
  • IMPP composite cone woofer
  • Butyl rubber sound for smoother response
  • Glass-imide voice coil bobbin for higher power handling capabilities

Oct 06, 2009 | Pioneer TS-A6970E Car Speaker

1 Answer

I need to know about my 12" dvc eclipse subwoofer but i dont know what modle it is

Hello brandin_1,

I'm assuming that you have the new 12" eclipse. Look at the sub cone. If it is blue in color, you have the Model SW4210 12" DVC SUBWOOFER, 4ohm, 250W RMS,750W MAX. If the cone is silver, it is the Model SW6210 12" DVC SUBWOOFER, 4ohm, 500W RMS, 1500W MAX.

If it is an older dvc Fujitsu Ten 12" eclipse, most likely it is the Model SW9122. If it is a REALLY old 12" eclipse, it is probably a model 88120.

Hope this helps.

Apr 12, 2009 | Eclipse Car Audio & Video

2 Answers

Can't get the old hub off

hello again
i think the chat has occured a problem anyway i will continue here

a7635a2.jpg 666f5c3.jpg
  • Using seal removal tool 1175-AC or equivalent remove and discard the grease seal. Remove the inner bearing cone and roller assembly from the hub.
  • Clean the inner and outer bearing assemblies in solvent. Inspect the bearings and the cones for wear and damage. Replace defective parts, as required.
738ac0a.jpg 46bb418.jpg

  • If the cups are worn or damaged, remove them with front hub remover tool T81P-1104-C and tool T77F-1102-A or equivalent.
  • Wipe the old grease from the spindle. Check the spindle for excessive wear or damage. Replace defective parts, as required.

To install:

  1. If the inner and outer cups were removed, use bearing driver handle tool T80-4000-W or equivalent and replace the cups. Be sure to seat the cups properly in the hub.
  2. Use a bearing packer tool and properly repack the wheel bearings with the proper grade and type grease. If a bearing packer is not available work as much of the grease as possible between the rollers and cages. Also, grease the cone surfaces.

  • Position the inner bearing cone and roller assembly in the inner cup. A light film of grease should be included between the lips of the new grease retainer (seal).
  • Install the retainer using the proper installer tool. Be sure that the retainer is properly seated

4293aef.jpg d2684be.jpg


Mar 19, 2009 | 1996 Ford Explorer

2 Answers

Cerwin vega at60 and dc1515

It is called "dry-rot" and it happens with age to paper cone speakers. I am not aware of any products made to help prevent this problem. But you can always replace the woofers with new one's or find a place that "recones" speakers and that would solve your problem for a long time. If you have rubber surround on the cones, it would take much longer to have any type of dry-rot problems. The "foam" type of surround on the cones is the worst for this problem. Most new woofers have polypropelyne surround of the cones and it would probably outlast you, so replacement with a good quality woofer really is a good option.

Jul 08, 2008 | Cerwin Vega CLSC-15S Subwoofer

Not finding what you are looking for?
Car Audio & Video Logo

Related Topics:

42 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Car Audio & Video Experts

xxxxxx xxx

Level 3 Expert

4844 Answers


Level 3 Expert

75744 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74106 Answers

Are you a Car Audio and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides