Question about Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Lamps flicker until the big 5 PGBK ink cart is inserted then all are out for good
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1st step: Press and hold the Stop/reset button for 5-10 sec then release. I
f ot working then use a Qtip and moisture (not wet) it with water. Cleans the chip gently and re-insert it back and redo the 1st step.
It work for me everytime!
Posted on Sep 05, 2008
SOURCE: a big PGBK ink cartridge problem
Call - 1-800-828-4040
Verify they are installed correctly.
Remove the print head or ink tanks properly following the procedure below.
1. Confirm that the printer is powered on and open the top cover. The print head moves to the replacement position.
Note: When the top cover is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the top cover, and open it again.
2. Open the paper output tray and pull down the inner cover.
3. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.
Note: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. When replacing multiple ink tanks, make sure to replace one by one.
4. When removing the print head, raise the print head lock lever first.
To reinstall the Print Head and Ink Tanks
1. Place the print head in the holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.
2. Insert ink tanks into the print head.
Press the mark 'PUSH' on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.
3. Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.
<1> The ink tanks are installed properly.
<2> The ink tanks are not installed properly.
Note: <Ink Tank Lamp> You can check the status of each ink tank according to the way its lamp flashes.
- On: The printer is ready to print.
- Slow flashing (at about three second interval): Ink is low. Prepare a new ink tank.
- Fast flashing (at about one second interval): Ink tank is empty, or the printer is not ready due to an error.
- Off: An error has occurred and the printer is not ready to print.
4. Put back the inner cover and close the top cover.
Note: When starting printing next time, the print head cleaning launches automatically.
During the print head cleaning, the Power lamp flashes green. Do not do other operations until the flashes stops.
Posted on Sep 10, 2008
SOURCE: 5 PGBK vs. 8BK ink cartridges
No there is no way you can adjust it just to use the small black. When copying greyscale or printing greyscale it will use the big black, When printing colour it will always use the small black so there is no way around it!
sorry, hope this helps
Posted on Oct 20, 2008
SOURCE: Why two black ink cartridges?
The larger of the two cartridges is used for text only. The smaller is used for color printing. Its purpose is to eliminate the need for a "Processed" black (black being mader by the color inks).\
Posted on May 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 25, 2014 | Kodak EasyShare Office Equipment &...
Oct 21, 2011 | Canon Pixma iP4500 InkJet Printer
Dec 24, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MX850 Multifunction Printer
Dec 03, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4300 InkJet Photo Printer
Jun 09, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo R390 InkJet Printer
Sep 10, 2008 | Canon PIXMA IP5200 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 08, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP810 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 18, 2007 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 01, 2007 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
154 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!