Question about Computers & Internet
This issue is usually caused by the graphic interface is not supported. You need to verify that you have the newer version of DirectX. To check the version number click START, select RUN and type DXDIAG to bring up the DirectX Diagnostic.
If everything appears to be ok, make sure the web cam driver is properly installed along with the video driver (video card). Please update the DirectX version of Windows if you got an older version.
If it doesn't work. try:
Check Properties of "My Computer> Hardware> Device Manager" you have any device with an exclamation mark or cross in yellow or red, respectively.
If you do not have anything like that, check if your webcam device appears in the listing.
If that doesn't work or there is no error on properties, another driver may be causing problems. you may need to go a little technical about this issue following the steps below:
1) install the drivers by disabling all the non Microsoft services on your system.
2) uninstall the web cam drivers.
3) unplug the web cam and need to reboot your system.
4) Then you need to go on your Start menu, then select Run and then type: msconfig and press the enter key.
5) on the General tab,you need to click on Selective Startup.
6) Under Selective Startup, you need to click on clear the Load Startup Items check box.
7) Then again click on the Services tab, then you need to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then you need to click on Disable All.
8) Then click on OK. Then it ask you whether you would like to reboot your system,just click on Restart.
9) Install the driver.
10) Plugin the webcam.
11) Restart the computer.
After doing all this still doesn't work, the issue may be caused by some kind of incompatible hardware.
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 19, 2011 | Nikon D80 Digital Camera
Jun 18, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite L500 Series Notebook
Sep 26, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 01, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 16, 2009 | Video Cameras
Jan 08, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 01, 2008 | Trust SpaceCam 100 Webcam
Nov 22, 2008 | MSI Starcam 370i Webcam
Dec 29, 2007 | Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for PC
465 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!