Question about Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

The Oven Exploded with a Whoosh when I Opened the Door

I've used the oven spaingly over the five years. I hadn't used it all summer. I placed french fries on a cookie sheet, put the cookie sheet in the oven, and set the temperature on the oven to 450 degrees. After 5 minutes, I returned to the kitchen and opened the oven door to check on my french fries. A huge ball of yellow fire ignited and engulfed me. It lasted less than 1 second. My hair was singed on my head and face. The hair on my arm was gone. My beard saved my face, but my nose now has blisters. My cheek is a little pink.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Sergeant:

    An expert that has over 500 points.

  • Expert
  • 222 Answers

Wow !
sounds like a bad initor and or a bad safety valve, i would replace the gas valve at the rear completely and while you have the gass off and disconnected see if your ignitor glows, even if it does glow it could still be bad it neeeds to draw enough amps to open the gas valve, be careful

Posted on Sep 10, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I was using my oven when all of a sudden there was a loud whoosh sound. Since I use propane I immediately turned off the oven.


Hi, it sounds like you may have a gas leak some where else on your oven probably from the supply pipe . It looks like it is building up then its been ignited so you get a whoosh. Best get it checked out.

Jan 30, 2016 | Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

Oven door glass shattered


What was the weather outside?

Feb 03, 2014 | Miele Ovens

1 Answer

Oven does not turn off when the door is opened.


Check the door latches. If one is broken and stuck in, the microwave will not switch off when being used failing that call a microwave repair service.

Apr 22, 2017 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Inner glass on oven door keeps exploding


i dont think its just yours, ours has exploded in the last 20mins. I cleaned it 2 days ago with mr muscle and put it back together properly.
after googling new world oven smashing loads of people seem to have the same problem too.
Good luck

Feb 21, 2010 | Ovens

1 Answer

Roper Gas Range Oven Makes Sound


check you have ventilation. i.e. try with the window open

Feb 14, 2010 | Roper FGP305 Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

My oven inside glass door exploded tonight while


Very rare, in 35 years I replace maybe 2 to 5 a year out of 1500 to 2000 repairs a year on all major appliances. Make sure you replace it with the exact glass from the manufacturer, usuing your model number. Do not replace with glass from a glass shop.

Jan 29, 2010 | Ovens

1 Answer

Self cleaning oven door lock is stuck and buzzing


you can still use the oven i would gt someone out as soon as you can to get the lock released but yes you can still use the oven

Feb 04, 2009 | Frigidaire GLEF396 Electric Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Micro oven-Not working


Hello Kavithaanto,
If I understand your problem correctly, it sounds as if your microwave was operating and the egg exploded after 5 minutes ( which caused the door to open), after cleaning up the mess, you tried it again and it does not work. If that is true, then there is a high probability that your microwave has a damaged Magnetron Tube, Filament Transformer or High Voltage Capacitor.. none of which are something the untrained person should attempt to repair. Since your microwave is a table top model, I recommend that you consider purchasing a new one. The cost to repair would exceed the cost to replace so it is not worth it. I am sorry that I couldn't provide a more encouraging solution.
Best Regards,
Rick

Nov 26, 2008 | Sharp R-1480 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Light and oven does not turn on.


:-) Same here, in the middle of cooking the toaster just died. O' well, i am a tech! i opened the unit and diagnosed the problem. the unit has a non-resettable high limit thermostat that blows open when reaching high temperature. the problem is that when it happened, the oven wasn't even hot and was only on for a bout five (5) minutes. From my experience, it is due to a design defect. from all i have seen so far, it doesn't seem that the company cares about its reputation or customers... what can you expect from the French?!

Oct 29, 2007 | DeLonghi EO1238 Toaster Oven with...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kitchen Ranges Logo

Related Topics:

120 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kitchen Ranges Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8220 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75051 Answers

paulcarew

Level 3 Expert

2458 Answers

Are you a Kitchen Range Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...