Question about Refrigerators

2 Answers

Kelvinator refridgerator model TPK180JNIW leaves water on the floor in front and in bottom of fridge under crispers....the drip pan in back (evaporator pan?) is dusty and not used. How to we fix this?

Posted by on

  • 3 more comments 
  • bika0401 Sep 11, 2009

    HI- No actually--there is no icemaker....

  • bika0401 Sep 13, 2009

    Well....that all depends....I'm good at following direrctions especially if there's a visual. Currently...there is just no way we can afford a service call/repair by someone else--at least not until I find a job (I'm looking), so I would like to try fixing it myself. Can you tell me how?

    Also, I've read other stories on site about water sometimes pooling because of the drain hose being frozen at the that a possibility?

  • bika0401 Sep 14, 2009

    I can't see anything just by looking in the fridge or freezer...I need to know how to access the area where a frozen spot might be...I'm guessing that maybe I need to remove something but what and how? Thanks.

  • bika0401 Sep 19, 2009

    Where on the back is this screw? What do I do about the coils?

  • bika0401 Oct 03, 2009




2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 497 Answers

Look carefully on the back of the Refrigerator, there will be some screw.

Open that screw to remove the Tray/Pan.

After removing that Pan/Tray, you can clean and reattached it to the Refrigerator.

You may also refer the Manual or supplied Guide for the instruction to remove the back Pan/Tray.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Sep 14, 2009

  • Mitesh Kr Anand Sep 19, 2009

    The screw will be near the Pan/Tray. If it is not there then the pan/Tray is simply attached. Push it gently to remove it.


  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Refrigerators Master
  • 1,723 Answers

Does the machine have an ice maker? I suspect that a hose feeding the water dispenser/ice maker is leaking and will need to be tightened. You are going to have to get in behind the ice maker, is this something you can attempt?

Posted on Sep 11, 2009

  • Craig Butler
    Craig Butler Sep 11, 2009

    The only thing that it could be then, is the water from the defrost cycle. The drain tube is off and the water from the ice the defrost cycle produces is just dripping down to the floor. It should be going to the pan underneath. You are going to have to get into the evaporator coil and get the tube back on. It's not that easy off a job. How handy are you with taking things apart and putting them back together?

  • Craig Butler
    Craig Butler Sep 13, 2009

    Yes, that is a good possibility. Can you check?



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Eaton's Viking Model 1266F fridge leaking defrost water

Your idea/plan sounds pretty good. There is a drip pan under the fridge right? it might be a good idea to run it into that. Good luck!

Jul 26, 2014 | Viking Refrigerators

1 Answer

Water is pooling under drawers in bottom of refridgerator and drips behind fridge from the top of drain plug. I took out plug on back of fridge and clean it out, it appeared to be plugged. I do not know...

The drain pan would located at the bottom of the refrigerator near the compressor. You can often remove the drain pan from the front after removing the grill or from the back after pulling the refrigerator out from the wall and removing the access cover.

Aug 02, 2011 | Refrigerators

1 Answer

Water comes off somewhere in the bottom of my fridge. what could have caused it?

When your refrig goes into defrost , the water runs down the back of the refrig ( inside ) and out to the drip pan thru a drain hole under the crispers . If water is under the crispers , remove the crispers and you should see a " cap " covering the drain hole . Sometimes crud will cover the slots where the water is supposed to drain , causing water to pool under the crispers . Just remove this cap , clean , and reinstall .

Mar 20, 2011 | Magic Chef Refrigerators

2 Answers

Water in wood's fridge

If you have the wire metal shelf model, there is a wrap around cooling plate (back and two sides) at the top of the inside. The frost that forms on this while it is running melts off after the compressor stops and the water runs down, into the drip channel, and out the drain hole at the center of the channel on the back wall. Clean out that hole so the water will flow out instead of down the walls to the bottom of your refrig.
If you have the glass shelf model, you have to remove the metal cover at the bottom back of the refrig and clean out the defrost drain hole located there.

May 21, 2010 | Refrigerators

1 Answer

Hi GE top freezer fridge - 5 years old( no ice

Well for one thing that unit was manufactured 10 years ago. But it sounds like the defrost drain is clogged and the water is running down the inside of the unit. The evaporator (not condenser) is on the bottom of the freezer compartment. The bottom panel of the freezer comes out. They are a bit of a pain to do, but can be done.

Jan 03, 2010 | GE GTS22KBP Top Freezer Refrigerator

1 Answer

Water accumulating in the bottm of refridgerator

HI, Now that you have the ice out of the drain, There is an after market drain transfer heat strip kit you need to buy and add.
Please let me know if I can help you. I have the kit on my web site
Let me know if I can assist you


May 17, 2009 | Refrigerators

1 Answer

There is water dripping filling up the bottom under the salad container. The model is a LRTN22311TT.

Remove contents of fridge and check the drain line running down the top back of the back of fridge and follow to lower section of fridge (usually a back ledge or under the crisper sections) and locate a small round drain hole. Also, check to see that the drain collector (funnel looking thing at top back of fridge section) is located under the freezer defrost drain opening, to allow water to flow through the fridge into the drain pan under the fridge.

If something has obstructed the drain funnel, path, tube, or lower drain hole, remove the blockage to allow water to drain into underneath of fridge into drain pan for proper evaporation of water produced from the usual daily defrost cycle of fridge/freezer.

If that is not the problem, it could be that you have a leaking water supply line for your ice maker and you'll need to see if the freezer is allowing excessive water to flow out of the ice maker into the fridge section.

Another simple check/solution is that the fridge is not properly leveled, meaning that the front of the fridge should be slightly higher than the rear to allow for proper drainage and self closing of the front doors. This will help keep the water flowing in the built in channels and drains.

A perfectly level fridge isn't the right way to install most moveable refridgerators, while built in fridges (Sub Zero, etc.) are designed for plumb and level installations for proper functioning and use.

Apr 09, 2009 | LG LRTBC1825T Top Freezer Refrigerator

1 Answer

Water under crispers in my fridge

If the freezer is on top then empty out the freezer and remove the bottom and back liner of the freezer compartment usually phillips screws. In the back you will see the freezer coils along with a defrost element. Below these two items u will see a drip tray that collects water from the coils on defrost cycle, in the center of the pan will be a drain hole that connects to a hose that leads to a pan under the refrigerator.Normally the water is collected there and evaporated. The hole in the tray in the freezer is clogged. Thaw it and clean it until you can pour water in it and it goes to the pan down below. please rate me

Jan 13, 2009 | Refrigerators

2 Answers

Kelvinator fridge

The freezer defrosts every day. the puddle is from that. It is supposed to go into a pan at the bottom and evaporate. You need to look at the pan and determine if it has a hole or the drain hose is leaking somewhere.

Feb 09, 2008 | Kelvinator 12 cu. ft. / 340 liter Chest...

2 Answers

I cannot get to the drip pan under refridgerator to empty it. It is filled with sludge and smells bad

Thank willie for helping with one: "Well, it looks like the pan is a seperate plastic pan and not the compressor mounting pan like some of the newer ones are. It appears that you have to remove the condensor fan motor and mounting bracket then maybe the pan will left up and over the compressor, or maybe there is enough room to lift the pan up and out the front over the condensor coils"

Jun 04, 2006 | Amana Easy Reach AFD2535DE Bottom Freezer...

Not finding what you are looking for?

Open Questions:

Refrigerators Logo

Related Topics:

63 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Refrigerators Experts

Charles T Nevin
Charles T Nevin

Level 3 Expert

4070 Answers

John Tripp
John Tripp

Level 3 Expert

4655 Answers


Level 3 Expert

78267 Answers

Are you a Refrigerator Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides