It allows me to go through all the motions, but when I press the black and white or the color scan button it thinks for a minute and then reverts back to the previous screen.(select black and white or color) The machine will photo copy and print. Any ideas?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Here is the solution.
I am going to describe 4 buttons on your printer. Then, I will tell you what to do with these buttons to resolve this error.
1. Look for the Black & White selection button (large white button w/ black diamond on it).
2. Look for small pink button (bottom left corner of your printer control panel).
3. Look for the OK button (big button in middle).
4. Look for the On/Off button (top left).
OK - here we go. With the printer turned off, do this:
1. Using four fingers, one on each of the four buttons, press them all and hold them down for 10 seconds.
2. Release the On/Off button - but keep holding the other 3.
3. After a few more seconds the printer will turn on. When it does this, you can release the other three buttons.
So, to summarize, you press all 4 buttons for 10 seconds, release the
power button and wait for the printer to turn on. After it is on, let
go the other 3.
Your error message should go away. If you don't hold the buttons all
down simultaneously, the printer could go into Fax mode; just turn it
off and try again.
According to the manual, the error code E, 3, 1 (cycles) means that the printer is not connected to a computer with a USB cable. If you have a cable connected, remove and reseat it, or try a different USB port on the computer.
If you're trying to scan, you need to be able to send the scanned image to a computer. If you're trying to copy, press the Black button for black/white copies or the Color button for color copies.
A color scan will give real output as it is. If the background is grey, the output will also be grey. If you select 256 Color output, there may be small change in color, as compared to the original. If you select grey output, all colors will be converted to Grey. If these files are converted to PDF, it will be same, except in ODF format.
If you select B&W you can save the file in TIFF format. Unlike grey or color, each pixel can be either black or white only. To scan in black and white you must select right brightness. By doing os you can eliminate background (technically noise) and capture foreground(data)