Question about Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
I tried to set up a new printer on my laptop and even entered the home network's IP address, but it would go through.
Please tel me how to print via my wireless network.
SOURCE: Canon MX700 network problems
Once you have it installed and working on the USB port go to the properties page of the printer.
1) Select the "Ports" tab.
2) Select "Add Port".
3) Select "Canon BJNP Port".
4) Select "New Port".
5) Fill in the IP Address of your printer and select "Next".
Make sure that the Port is checked back in the properties page and select "Apply" and your done. Do a test print and your printer should work on your network. You may still need to fix the settings on your firewall or router to allow access if it does not print.
Posted on Jan 24, 2009
1) go to Start/Settings/Printers and Faxes
2) right click the Canon MP 620 Printer and choose properties.
3) go to the Ports tab the port may be assigned to “FILE: Print to File” or something else that is not a Canon BJ Network port
4) Select the “Canon BJNP” port or if not available, Click <Add Port> button, and select "Canon BJNP Port" type, and then new port
5) The Canon network printer will be associated with this new port, automatically
6) Click OK
Posted on Jan 29, 2009
I realize that you posted this question over a month ago...but I'll still give you your answer in case anyone else is also experiencing this.
All you need to do is enter in the correct password...the one you gave your router. Which I realize was probably a while back, and you didn't write it down (tisk tisk), so here's how you find out what you typed, way back when.
open up your internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, ect...). Now in the search bar type in your routers IP address.
mine is: 192.168.2.1
yours might be the same or might be something similar...like: 192.168.1.1
only type that, and include the dots...no www junk.
once you typed it in, hit enter.
and now you should be in your router...then steps hold true for all routers I believe (mines a belkin).
it will ask for a password, most people simply leave theirs the default password, my password was nothing....literally, I just left it blank and clicked 'next'. yours might be 'admin'...a google search should help you find your routers default password.
Ounce you have the routers password, you have access to change a lot of the routers features...including finding out that pesky passphrase that your in search of.
I accept cash & credit. I'll send you the bill. ;)
Posted on Mar 20, 2009
We have multiple 7820s in our office. This would be a configuration problem with your windows XP computer. From the XP computer, open a command prompt and type "ping x.x.x.x" where x.x.x.x is the ip address of the 7820n. Make sure you get four successes. I would then uninstall the brother software and drivers and go to "printers and faxes" in the control panel and manually add the printer.
To manually add a network printer, with it's own print server, on Win XP:
1 Click "Add Printer"
2 Select "Local Printer Attached to this computer"
3 Deselect "Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer" then click "Next"
4. Click "Create a new port" and select "Standard TCP/IP" from the drop down. Click "Next". this will open TCP/IP Wizard
5. Type in Printer IP Address next to IP Address (Port name will autopopulate) and click "Next"
6. If wizard finds printer, it will show you "Finish" button. If you get a "Additional Port Information Required" window, something is wrong with your printer or windows xp network configuration.
7. When the TCP Wizard window closes, it will take you back to Add Printer Wizard. Select "Have Disk" and navigate to the \USA\WXP\Addprt directory on your Brother Drivers disc.
8. Select brxpadd.inf and click "Open" then click "OK"
9. Select "Brother MFC 7820 N Printer" from the list and click "Next"
10. Select name of printer, whether you want a default, print test page and DONE!
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 08, 2016 | Dell Printers & Copiers
on Mar 27, 2011 | Printers & Copiers
on Dec 02, 2009 | Printers & Copiers
Jul 09, 2014 | Lexmark Platinum Pro905 multifunction...
Oct 18, 2012 | Brother MFC-7220 All-In-One Laser Printer
Mar 31, 2012 | Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
Jan 03, 2012 | Brother MFC 7840W Printer
Jan 23, 2011 | Kodak Esp 3250 Allinone Multifunction ( ...
Dec 16, 2010 | HP Color LaserJet 3500 Printer
Apr 27, 2008 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Oct 09, 2016 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
129 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!