Question about HP Officejet J5780 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Download and install this Critical Update for your printer directly from HP.
There have been cases where if the PC is turned off or goes into hibernate this can occur. To work around this issue the "HP CUE DeviceDescovery Service" must be disabled:
1) Click on the "Start Menu" icon on the bottom left corner of the screen, type "services.msc" in the "Start Search" edit box, and hit enter. This will trigger Vista to pop-up a "User Account Control" dialog to prompt for permission to continue. Click "Continue" to allow Vista to open the Services management console application.
2) The Services management console application is made up of 2 panels. The right panel contains a list of all services available on the system. Scroll thru this list and look for a service called "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service".
3) Right-click on "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service" and select "Properties" to open the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog.
4) From the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog, click on the "General" tab. If the "Service status" shows that the service has started, click on the "Stop" button to force the service to stop.
5) Change the "Start type" to "Disabled" and click on the "OK" button on the bottom of the dialog to apply the changes.
1. Set the printer to a static IP address
2. Logon to the machine as the administrator or with admin rights.
3. Remove/Reinstall the printer using the IP address
Posted on Dec 14, 2008
I had the same problem with a Brother MFC-6490CW AIO printer. Here is how I resolved it:
Open the printers folder.
Right-click on the Brother printer and display the Properties page
Select the Ports tab.
In my system (Vista Premium), the selected port was a WSD port (whatever that means). Further down the list, there was a TCP/IP port that was obviously created by the Brother installation software. I selected the Brother-created TCP/IP port (which deselected the WSD port), applied the changes, and suddenly my printer was online. No idea what the difference between these two ports is, but I'll stick with the TCP/IP port until further notice.
Posted on Mar 02, 2009
I was also facing the same Problem, I solved it by following these steps
First I noted down the IP address from the Printer, Menu > Network > Wlan > Tcp/IP
then on my pc
1.Point to Printers and faxes 2.add new printer 3.a welcome window appeared click next --select local printer attached to this computer do not check automatically detect............. then click "Next" 4. Point to Create a New port then select HP Tcp/IP Port 5. a Welcome page appears again click Next 6. Now is the time to Write the IP address you noted earlier from the Printer also check Always print to this.......... 7. now by clicking ok or Next it will take some time to load another window 8. Now at the bottom left of this window you will find two options i selected the "custom" option, another window appeared click ok and wait for few seconds, when that disappear click Next Click finish and wait.......... 9. Here You go another window appeared Point to the Manufacturer Brother and then select the model MFC6490 10.Click Next and Point to KEEP THE EXISTING.......... or whatever option you like.. Now its easy follow the on screen steps untill you are asked to PRINT A TEST PAGE
NOW YOU ARE CONNECTED AND ONLINE AND ENJOY....
BUT HAY THE OTHER DAY I FOUND THE SAME PROBLEM "YOUR PRINTER IS OFFLINE" DON'T WORRY, i SOLVED THAT TOO 1--GET TO PRINTERS AND FAXES 2--SELECT THE PRINTER WHICH IS ALREADY INSTALLED AND SAYING " OFFLINE " 3--RIGHT CLICK AND POINT TO "USE PRINT ONLINE" THERE YOU ON FLY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS MUHAMMAD IMTIAZ KHAN
Posted on Mar 22, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 16, 2014 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 Printer
Jan 12, 2014 | Canon PIXMA MX712 Wireless Inkjet Office...
May 05, 2011 | Facebook Social Network
Mar 23, 2011 | Facebook Social Network
Dec 23, 2010 | Skype IM
Oct 27, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 26, 2010 | Toshiba e-Studio 202L Copier
Sep 02, 2008 | HP DeskJet F380 All-In-One Printer
Dec 11, 2007 | HP Deskjet D2360 InkJet Printer
Nov 14, 2007 | HP Deskjet D2360 InkJet Printer
98 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!