I recently got a Creative Zen Touch.I was told that all music had been erased.It did not come with any software, but i have downloaded software from creative.com.The player works as far as coming on and bringing up menus and my computer acknowledges that i have hardware plugged into it but when i go to download music it wont acknowledge the player. Any suggestions as to what to do?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You will need to put the Zen into recovery mode and erase the firmware, then reload the firmware. Follow these steps:
To Erase the Firmware:
1. Get a paperclip and straighten it out.
2. Hold down the Play/Pause button, and put the paperclip through the reset hole. Release the paperclip while continuing to press the Play/Pause button until you see the screen change.
3. Select "Reload Firmware."
To Load the new Firmware:
Go to www.Creative.com/support --> downloads. Click through the navigation and download the latest Zen Touch firmware. Reboot your computer, then plug in your Zen via USB cable. Double-click the firmware icon and then click upgrade.