Question about NetGear DG834G Router
I used to be online on my ps3, but my router broke and ive now got a NETGEAR DG834 WIRELESS ROUTER, ive just tried to get online on my ps3 but it was saying no i.p adress found so i sorted that out n now its saying FAILED everytime i try to connect to the net??? what can i do its drivingf me mad??
Hi, please perform the steps below to configure settings on the router:
Please follow the steps on a computer connected to the router so as to check the network key:
1. Open the browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari).
2. Access the router usually by typing 'http://192.168.1.1' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar.
3. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that Username and Password are case sensitive).
4. Click on Wireless Settings (under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Check if WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) or WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key) is selected under 'Security Options'.
6. If WPA-PSK is selected, copy the code entered in the passphrase.
7. If WEP is selected, copy the code entered in the key that has been checked.
This is the code required for connecting the wireless computer to the router's wireless network.
In some cases, for security reasons the passphrase might show as asterisks. In this case type a new Password and click apply. You will then have to use the same Password for all the wireless devices connecting to the network.
Please scan for the wireless network on the PS3 and connect to the wireless network.
Let me know if you need any fruther help.
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
How are you trying toc connect to the net?
wireless or wired?...sometimes you will have to reset the router for it to accomodate the new device, which it has just discovered
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2012 | Apple MacBook Pro Laptop Computer with...
Dec 28, 2010 | NetGear DG834G Router
Nov 03, 2010 | NetGear DG834 Router
Jun 27, 2010 | NetGear DG834 Router
Mar 19, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 13, 2010 | NetGear DG834 Router
Feb 07, 2009 | NetGear DG834 Router
412 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!