Question about Dell (8H390) Sound Card
There is no sound and the microphone is not working.
i have run the diagnosis cd and it shows me
Error code 1b63:161b and 1b63:061b
Can any one help me.
Request to try the steps below;
1. Restart the computer and tap the f12 key as soon as it starts to boot up .
2. Select 'Diagnostic' from the boot menu. The computer will run its pre-boot assessment tests (PSA) before Dell Diagnostics starts. During the PSA you will hear some tones through the system speaker but this does not adequately test the audio hardware. Dell Diagnostics plays an instrumental piece of music complete with drums, so if you only hear some tones then you have only run the PSA.
3. Dell Diagnostics should open after the PSA tests, or you should see an option to open it. If you have ever reformatted your entire hard drive then Dell Diagnostics will no longer be there as an option. In that case run it from the Drivers and Utilities (Resource) CD if you have one.
4. Select 'Custom', then the audio tests. (At this point - after you have opened Dell Diagnostic custom - if you can't find the option to select the audio tests that is a symptom of a failed audio chip.)
5. The tests will run. Alternate between using headphones and listening to speakers in case only one signal path is working.
The tests will play some audio and ask you whether you heard it.
6. If you don't hear the music during the test it definitely means there is a hardware failure somewhere in the system. In this case Dell will repair the computer if it is still under warranty.
7.If you do hear the audio during the test but not when you boot back into Windows, that almost always means the hardware is okay but there is a problem with the audio driver or with Windows.
8. Error codes: If you answer 'no' to any question that the test asks you, the test generates an error code that can tell a Dell technician that you answered 'no' to that question. The test does not know the exact component that has gone bad. Before answering 'no' to a question, make note of the circumstances at that point so you will know in general what the error code means.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 30, 2010 | 2002 Kia Optima
Jun 22, 2010 | Dell (8H390) Sound Card
May 15, 2010 | 1996 Hyundai Accent
Dec 10, 2009 | Dell (8H390) Sound Card
Oct 28, 2009 | Gateway Computers & Internet
May 02, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1100 Notebook
Mar 11, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 700M Notebook
Oct 07, 2008 | Tascam CC-222mkIII CD Player / Recorder
Aug 16, 2017 | Dell (8H390) Sound Card
4,013 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: