Question about Optics

1 Answer

I need an eyepiece for a jason telescope model 411 where can I bu

I need to buy an eye piece for a jason telescope model # 411. I'm in the U.S.A.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,027 Answers

Try They have a wide selection of standard eyepieces.

Posted on Sep 09, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My son has lost the eye piece all we have is the telescope itself and stand .Can I buy a new eye piece for it .It is a luminova 40-076420h d=76mmf=700mm codit optics

Yes, eyepieces come in 3 sizes, .965 inch, 1.25 inch, and 2 inch measure the hole in the focuser and buy the correct size. Here are two retailers that sell eyepieces.

Jul 10, 2011 | Tasco Luminova 40076420 (420 x 76mm)...

2 Answers

I bought a jason mercury model 407 which needs an eye piece.can some tell me where to order it and part number?

This scope has a ,965 in. diagonal (measure the diameter of the diagonal opening.) max power is about 120x
I would get a 20mm for low power e.g.

and a 9mm for higher power

These are cheap eyepieces but it is a cheap scope. I would not put a lot of money into it.

If you get interested in astronomy, purchase a quality Celestron, Meade or Orion (for example) reflector scope.

Mar 19, 2011 | Optics

1 Answer

I recently purchased a Tasco Starguide telescope. Aparently the eye piece it came with does not even belong to the telescope. Will the eye piece to this particular telescope even be available for...

Telescope eyepieces are interchangeable. Most scopes come with two or three, of different focal lengths (to give different magnifications), and enthusiasts frequently buy others, either to get a wider range of focal lengths or to get better quality.

I do not know what you mean by "does not even belong to the telescope". Most eyepieces are a standard size, with a barrel of 1.25 inches outside diameter. If your eyepiece mount is that size, you can use any make of eyepiece that fits. The Tasco brand name is not associated with high quality eyepieces, so if the one you have is another make then that is not a problem in itself.

You can find many eyepieces for sale on Amazon or eBay by searching for "eyepiece 1.25". You may want to familiarise yourself with eyepiece issues by visiting THIS SITE, which has useful basic information.

Jan 19, 2011 | Tasco Starguide Computerized 80mm...

1 Answer

Where can a buy an eyepiece for a Jason model 347EFL telescope.

Eyepieces come in 3 sizes -- .965, 1.25, and 2 inch. Measure the hole in the focuser and buy the correct size. These are sold by many on line retailers here are two:

Nov 12, 2010 | Optics

1 Answer

I have a DS114 Electronic Digital Meade. I only

1 1/4 inch OD is a standard size for eyepieces. You should be able to buy eyepieces in other focal lengths at any shop that sells telescopes, or online. I found hundreds of them with a quick search on Amazon, some made by Meade.

Nov 04, 2010 | Meade DS-114EC (325 x 60mm) Telescope

1 Answer

Where can I buy eye pieces for my polaris model ds-114

I believe this used 1.25 inch eyepieces. Measure the eyepiece holder to make sure. (either 1.25 or .965)
If it is .965 diameter, Ebay is your best shot
If it is 1.25, there are tons of places (Ebay, Agena Astroproducts, Orion etc) Stick with lower power. A 20mm Eyepiece = 45x magnification.Then, if you like astronomy you can get more eyepieces and if they are 1.25 inch diameter, They will work in all future telescopes

Oct 11, 2010 | Meade Polaris 114EQ-D (36 x 114mm)...

1 Answer

I need missing part eye piece ect.

You can buy eyepieces from several internet retailers. Measure the hole. Eyepieces come in 3 sizes.

.965, 1.25, and 2 inch sizes.

See these web sites-

Mar 07, 2010 | Tasco Astronomical 302675 Telescope

1 Answer

I need an eye piece for a Bushnell AK-78-9440 Telescope

Eyepieces are either .965 inch or 1.25 inch in size. Measure the hole. You can buy eyepieces from many on line astronomy shops. Here are two:

Oct 09, 2009 | Bushnell Voyager 78-9440 (440 x 12.5mm)...

1 Answer

Jason 200X model 404

Hello, you could add any telescope accessory or eyepiece with this Jason mercury 200x model 404. It has an eyepiece size of .965. I would recommend buying a .965 to 1.25 adapter which can be found on ebay. This would provide you a new mirror and allow more options for eyepieces which will be better quality.

Jun 13, 2009 | Jason Folding Compact...

2 Answers

The main eye piece is missing the lens.

yes you can..most brands of telescopes will fit others as far as eyepieces if you call bushnell@18004233537 im sure they can help...good luck.......

Oct 31, 2008 | Tasco Astronomical 302675 Telescope

Not finding what you are looking for?
Optics Logo

Related Topics:

475 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Optics Experts


Level 3 Expert

80407 Answers

james laughton
james laughton

Level 3 Expert

2192 Answers

ray gallant

Level 3 Expert

52097 Answers

Are you an Optic Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides