Question about Routers
To set this router up it tells me to go to http://192.168.0.1/ but this page dont come up what can i do ive refreshed for over 1 hour now can you help dlink 802.11g/2.4ghz wireless router
Make sure the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) of your system is set to "Obtain an IP address automatically". to check, follow this steps:
On your desktop you have the icon "My Network Places", right click it then select Properties, then on "Local Area Netwok" right click again then select Properties, Then select the "Internet Protocol" then clcik "Properties" then select "Obtain an IP address automatically".
pls make sure also that the IP Address of your DSL Modem is not the same with the IP Address of your router. If in case they have the same IP Address, change first the IP address of your Router before connecting to your DSL Modem.
Posted on Dec 11, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 22, 2013 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
May 31, 2011 | D-Link DIR-600 Router
In order to find the wireless security password of your Dlink wireless router DIR-615 , please follow these setps
1. Open up the internet explorer in the computer in which you are online and clear the address bar and type in the number 192.168.0.1 and hit enter.
2. You will be logged into the D-Link router setup page .
3. Under the SETUP tab, in the left hand side, click on WIRELESS SETTINGS? you will find Wireless security Mode under which you can find the password for the wireless settings.
Thanks in Advance!
Jan 03, 2011 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Jun 04, 2010 | D-Link RangeBooster G WBR-2310 Wireless...
Mar 06, 2010 | Routers
Aug 14, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DI-624 Wireless...
Apr 09, 2009 | Routers
Oct 26, 2016 | Belkin Routers
311 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!