Question about HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I just put in two new print cartridges and my printer no longer prints black or magenta. I have cleaned the heads and ran an alignment without resolve. any suggestions. also, as of last night started giving me the error message that there is a paper jam. How can I safely remove the paper when jammed?
I understand that you are receiving Paper Jam error on the printer front panel of the All-in-one.
This issue may occur because of dirty rollers and is unable to feed the paper.
Please follow the below given instructions to resolve the issue.
Please remove the All-in-One Printer from the Power Surge Protector and plug it directly into a wall Power outlet, as the surge protector may not provide enough power to printer.
Clean the Paper feed rollers by following the below given instructions:
Here are the steps to clean the rollers :
1)Turn off the all-in-one.
2)Unplug the power cord from the back.
3)Remove the rear access door .
4)Clean the rollers one at a time using a clean cloth that is slightly dampened with clean water (preferably distilled water). Rotate the roller to clean the entire surface.
5)Verify that the three paper feed rollers on the rear access door are clean and rotate freely.
6)Reinstall the rear access door and then plug the power cord back in.
7)Turn the all-in-one back on
Clean the print cartridges by following the below given instructions:
Using a clean, dry lint-free cloth (a coffee filter works well), wipe the cartridge contacts, from the top to the bottom. The contact area of the cartridge should be rubbed briskly to remove the waxy lubricant material from the gold contacts. The contacts inside the printer may also require cleaning. Using a clean, dry, lint-free cloth, gently wipe the contacts, from the top to the bottom.
Reset the All-in-One to the factory default settings by using these instructions:
1. Unplug the power cable from printer when the printer is powered on and wait for 20 seconds.
2. Then, press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord.
Continue holding until it displays Semi Full Reset message in the front panel of the All-in-One.
A semi-full reset will do the following:
The user settings to the factory defaults, Language and country settings on some models, Fax logs, Fax headers, Fax speed dial information.
If you are receiving the paper jam error on the computer, then follow the instructions from the below given article in order to resolve the issue.
Here is the web document:
Just copy and paste the entire link into the Internet browser's address bar and press enter.
Even if the issue persists, try refreshing USB composite devices to get the issue resolved.
1. Right-click My Computer (in Windows XP, click Start first), and then click Properties.
2. Select the Hardware tab and then click Device Manager.
3. Click the Plus (+) sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
4. Click the USB Composite Device entry to highlight it, and then click Action and then click Uninstall. If a screen appears to confirm the deletion, confirm the deletion.
5. Disconnect the USB cable to the all-in-one, wait a couple seconds, and then reconnect the cable. This should restart Windows device detection (Plug and Play).
6. A New Hardware found screen may appear, click Next through all of the screens that appear for the Wizard to install the USB Composite Device. Click Finish once the wizard completes.
Hope the information provided will be helpfull in resolving the issue.
Posted on Jan 10, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 25, 2010 | Printers & Copiers
Jul 28, 2010 | HP PSC 1610 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 05, 2009 | Epson Stylus C84 InkJet Printer
Mar 03, 2009 | Canon MP610 Photo All-In-One Printer
Dec 08, 2008 | Epson RX620 All-In-One InkJet Photo...
Nov 04, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
Sep 26, 2008 | Canon I900D InkJet Photo Printer
Jun 29, 2008 | Canon i860 InkJet Photo Printer
Sep 24, 2007 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 18, 2007 | Canon i860 InkJet Photo Printer
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!