Question about Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
The "SUD" error can be caused by too much detergent, improper detergent, drain pump/drain line problem, or pressure switch malfunction.
1. If you are not using HE detergent, you need to be. These washers are designed to use HE detergent which is formulated for wash tubs that use 5 to 7 gallons of water. If you use regular detergent, you are, in affect, placing a higher concentration of detergent in the washer that is normally formulated for wash tubs that have a 35 gallon capacity. The manufacturer should have a disclaimer in the owner's manual explaining this. In most cases this will also void your warranty. NOTE: Prolonged use of the wrong detergent can damage the drain pump components and or wash tub seals.
If you are using the correct detergent, double check the label to make sure it is not double (2X) or triple (3X) concentrated. You could still be placing too much soap in your wash.
To get rid of excessive detergent, place the washer on a RINSE & SPIN cycle, then run it through a normal wash cycle with NO detergent added. You may have to repeat these steps depending on the amount of detergent used.
2. If you do not have a detergent issue, double check the drain pump and drain lines to ensure they are not obstructed in any way. Click on the following link for step-by-step instructions:
“F02” is a Long Drain error. If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes this error code will be displayed. In addition, a “SUDS” error may also be generated as a secondary error. This is an indication of a drain pump problem and/or clog in the drain line. You will need to check the following:
1. Check the drain hose to make sure it is not kinked or clogged.
2. Check the electrical connections to the pump and ensure the pump is running.
3. Remove the drain pump filter and check for foreign objects and/or debris.
To check the drain pump, click on the following link for step-by-step instructions.
If the above procedures do not correct the problem, it is recommended by the manufacturer to replace the drain pump
(Tip by JSRock)
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2014 | Washing Machines
Feb 18, 2013 | Washing Machines
Sep 21, 2011 | Maytag EPIC MFW9700S Front Load Washer
Mar 07, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Feb 23, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Oct 14, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Nov 02, 2008 | Kenmore 4292x Front Load Washer
Jul 24, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jul 07, 2007 | Kenmore 46462 Front Load Washer
Nov 19, 2015 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
295 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: