- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you are on a network and the printer is shared by others, you are only allowed to clear documents you have spooled to the printer. If someone else has a file jammed in the queue, then they (or an administrator) must remove it.
Go to START then RUN and type services.msc and click on OK. This should open services window. Scroll down to on the list and look for Print Spooler. Click on STOP on the left pane then restart the service. This should clear put the stuck document in your print spooler and you should be able to print again.
Hope this helps.
1. make sure to check if the hardware is able to make color copies, that way u can be sure there is no harware issue.
2. You can download and run an HP utility tool that can help you fix the problem instantly from this page: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&lang=en&softwareitem=mp-91788-1
3. If you still get the same issue, restart the computer and check the print queue. If there are no print jobs in the queue, you resolved the issue.
4. If print jobs remain in the queue, check the connection between the HP printer and the computer, make sure USB is properly seated if its a USB connection, otherwise if it's wireless, make sure both devices are connected to the network.
5.If issue still persists,make sure the printer is set to online.
6.Manually clear the print queue, restart the comp then try printing again.
&. If #6 doesn't resolve the issue.Restart the print spooler by clicking on Control Panel, then double-click Administrative Tools .Double-click Services--In the list of Services , double-click Print Spooler . The Print Spooler Properties window opens, then click Stop to stop the Print Spooler. Click Start to restart the Print Spooler.Click OK and restart the computer.Try printing again.
8. If print jobs from one specific software program are getting stuck in the print queue, the issue might be with the software program or the print driver.Close the software program from which you are trying to print, and then open it again.Print a document from the software program.If the print job gets stuck in the print queue again, try printing a document from Notepad to determine whether the problem is with the program or the driver.Repeat the steps earlier in this document to manually clear the print queue.Type a test message in Notepad and print it, making sure you select your HP product as the printer. If you can print the document from Notepad, but not from the software program, contact the software program manufacturer for assistance.If these steps resolved the issue , you do not need to continue troubleshooting.9. Remove and Reinstall HP software, then try printing again. If these steps resolved the issue , you do not need to continue troubleshooting. If the issue persists , continue to the next solution.10. A power reset drains the power from the product and returns to the same settings after restarting. A power reset is a common troubleshooting step, and you can perform one for conditions like print jobs getting stuck in the queue. With the product turned on , disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.Wait at least 15 seconds.Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.11. If you have tried all of the preceding solutions in the order presented , and the issue is not resolved, try HP forums.
If your printer for any reason reports a paper jam, withput going through the "clearing paper jam" procedure it may not respond to print command. So follow the procedure below:-
Clearing paper jam in a printer is simple almost seven step
procedure depending on the printer. Paper jam is the term used to refer to the
scenario where your paper fails to come out of the printer during the print
process. When you send a document to the printer, normally the printer prints
out the document on a paper; then you can pick up your printed copy. When the
paper gets stuck in the printer, it is said that paper has jammed in the
printer "paper jam".
Even if you are not a technical person, you can conveniently
clear paper jams. All you need is to follow the set of procedures outlined