Question about Philips GoGear SA261 MP3 Player
Hi there !!
This is because of the old firmware you are using in the player. Go to link below to download the latest firmware 3. & everything will get back to normal.
Here's the instructions, how to update firmware in the music player:
Firmware upgrade readme file - GoGear Digital AudioPlayer SA261 , SA260, SA255, SA250
Firmware (FW) version 3.0 + Philips driver for WindowsMedia Player
By upgrading you will gain access to the followingenhanced functionalities:
- Solving the problem with occasional hang up afterfirmware upgrade.
- Adding of a Help file in Device Manager that user maycall up the file by pressing F1.
Do I need the software?
- Press the MENU key
- Scroll down to Settings
- Enter Settings by pressing the > key
- Scroll down to Information
- Enter Information by pressing the > key
- You will see FW Vers: xxx, where xxx is the version
- If you already have the latest version, there is noneed to upgrade.
Please make sure that your PC is running on one of thefollowing operating systems to perform the upgrade
- Windows 2000 �V SP4 (or above)
- Windows XP (home or Professional) SP1 (or above)
How to download the software to your PC
- Launch the Windows Explorer
- Enter the Philips support site at urlhttp://www.philips.com/support
- Select your resided country & language
- Enter the model number
- Click on Software under Product Support
- Double click your desired language under Firmwareupgrade software to download the firmware to your PC.
- Download the file in a temp directory on your PC.
How to upload the software to your device
- Run the SA_PKG_xxx.exe file to install the DeviceManager with the new firmware
- Connect your GoGear to the PC using the provided USBcable
- Make sure that you have a new battery inserted.
- On your PC, double-click on the Philips GoGear DigitalAudio player icon to run / start the same.
- A dialogue box will pop up; click Upgrade to start theupgrading of the firmware.
� (Please do notdisconnect the device during the upgrading process as this interruption maydamage the firmware!)
- Follow all screen instructions to complete the firmwareupgrade.
- The Device Manager will close automatically once thesuccess message is displayed.
- Close all opened application and then safely removeyour GoGear micro jukebox by clicking on the eject icon in your task traybar.�
� When prompted,��The USB Mass Storage Device can now be safely removed from the system��,click OK and unplug your micro jukebox.�
- Once the GoGear micro jukebox is disconnected from thecomputer, the display will show ��Firmware Upgrading�� for a couple of secondsand then start up as usual.
� If the messagedoes not disappear after 2 minutes, do a soft reset by pressing and holding theplay key and the volume + key for a couple of seconds.
- Your GoGear firmware has been upgraded after you seethe "upgrading" message.
Windows XP and Windows 2000 users: Your device will beautomatically disconnected as soon as Device Manager finishes interacting withyour device.
Posted on Sep 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If you have the software conect the device to the computer; press volumen + with on/off switch at same time; then press volumen - anh hold it. The software recognice the device and you can update the firmware or repair it.
Posted on Mar 11, 2008
If you have a Philips HDD Series, it will not work with Windows Vista or Windows Media Player 11 except for briefly, then the player will stop working one day. Your only hope is to use it with Windows XP and Windows Media Player 10 - it is, basically, an obsolete player at this point in time.
The Philips Device Manager has a strange feature - it only properly updates your device if you have the newest version of the Device Manager:
Download the newest version of the Philips Device Manager:
www.usasupport.philips.com - change your country/language as needed
Enter in your exact model #
Click on the link for your exact model #
Click on the Software & Drivers section
Click on "Firmware Upgrade Software"
Install the new Device Manager
Open and run the "Update" tab
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Mar 31, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 01, 2011 | Philips GOGEAR SA6045 MP3 Player
Apr 27, 2011 | Philips GOGEAR SA6045 MP3 Player
Feb 27, 2011 | Philips GOGEAR SA6045 MP3 Player
Aug 19, 2010 | Philips GOGEAR SA6045 MP3 Player
Nov 05, 2009 | Philips GoGear HDD6330 MP3 Player
Jul 18, 2009 | Philips GoGear HDD6330 MP3 Player
Mar 30, 2009 | Philips Audio Players & Recorders
Dec 21, 2008 | Philips GoGear SA178 MP3 Player
Oct 30, 2008 | Philips GoGear SA178 MP3 Player
Aug 20, 2007 | Philips GoGear HDD6330 MP3 Player
Jul 21, 2011 | Philips GoGear SA261 MP3 Player
574 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!