I can't connect to the internet with my dell axim x30
I keep trying to connect to the internet wirelesslly using my raido (Wi-Fi) and Odyssey Client or dell WLAN Utility. I'm able to locate access points and even sometimes connect where there are packets going in and out through the established connection. But when I establish a connection and go to my pocket e internet explorer i'm not able to brouse the internet @ all and this was the only reason i invested in my pocket pc was to have mobile internet. Am I missing a program or driver, or do I need to subscribe and pay some company in order to use this service? I thought that if there was a free public access point @ say starbucks or something I should be able to link and connect like I would with a laptop that has wireless Wi-Fi or WLAN raidos! Please give feedback on this matter I'd be very greatfull with any help and understanding in this!! THANKX, firstname.lastname@example.org
Re: I can't connect to the internet with my dell axim x30
I have the same problem. I have a router and WLAN in my house. I actually connect to the network, the pocket PC says the strenght of the connection is Excellent, even green connection bars, in the right-bottom corner are visible.. But when I try to ping any other computer connected to the network it says NO RESPONSE, not mentioning being unable to surf the net with browser. However, i recall that if you have some wierd kind of encryption, ie. WEP, or WPA or some other - some devices can have problems connectiong to the router(access point). Please somebody comment on what i've mentioned.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Downloaded programs can be installed onto the Dell Axim X30 using Microsoft ActiveSync. Microsoft ActiveSync can be installed onto your computer using the Dell Companion CD which came with your Axim X30.
Once Microsoft ActiveSync is set up on your computer, if the program you downloaded came in an installer file, then double-clicking on the file will start the installation wizard and the software will be automatically transferred to the Axim.
If the program you downloaded did not come as an installer file, then double-clicking it will bring up an error message. In that case, use ActiveSync Explore to copy the program file to the Program Files folder on your Axim.
This model of the Axim X30 does not have built in wi-fi capability. You need to purchase a 802.11 b/g Wireless SDIO card.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT INSERT SDIO CARD INTO AXIM X30 BEFORE INSTALLING DRIVERS.
1. Connect the Axim X30 to your computer.
2. Establish a connection between the two devices using Active-Sync.
3. Insert CR-ROM which ships with the SDIO card in your computer.
4. Follow instructions for installing Driver an Utility.
5. Install SDIO card into the SD slot on the Axim X30.
My Axim X30 would not turn on using battery power but would turn on when connected through charger adapter.
1. Connect AC adapter directly to the charger adapter and then to the Axim X30 and to the electrical outlet.
2. Charge battery until power button is solid green.
3. Press the power button to power on.
4. Remove cable from cable connector leaving the cable connector connected to the Axim X30. The Axim X30 will remain powered on.
5. Turn the Axim X30 off.
6. Turned the Axim X30 on using battery power.
7. Remove cable connector from Axim X30.
You need ActiveSync from Microsoft. Unless you're using Vista which uses Windows Mobile Device Center. Connecting to the Axim to a Vista machine should automatically download the Windows Mobile Device Center software.
Have you tried the SD card in a digital camera? also is the card working correctly?
About the internet it will have to be correctly set up which means some fiddling around with the connections settings