why not all spark plug wires, they dont last the life of any engine.
and cap and rotor.
finish the full 60,000 tuneup and dont skip parts. is this hard?
stalls can be caused by many a thing the EFI works real hard to stop all stalls, and does so very well in 1996, (not now, due to throttle by wire BS)
96 cars are the best cars ever made, all of them.
it has OBD2 scan tool support. making it 10x easier to fix.
ever used a scan tool even a $9 fleabay tool works 100% on 19965 cars. Get one.
Now we do stalls. (engine size stated so will use generic answers)
- Lost 12vdc to the EFI system. (see scan tool go, NON COMM, at stall? and dash lights go dim or head lights go dim? ) easy this.
- EGR valve stuck open (if you have one) is #1 cause of EFI stalls.
- next is never doing a real 60k tuneup ever. so common we like to use crying towels. really. so sad to watch the pull gas tanks and pumps all for the lack of simple tuneup and simple tools.
- Gross Misfiring, any mech can drive the car and hear it and feel it.
- loss of fuel pressure. (bogs then stalls and no misfire shaking)
- Gross flooding. (many causes, we look for black spark plug tips. and other scan tool tests. (fuel trim )
- Ever scan it for DTCs at the stall?
- Ever scan it ever? for any DTCs ever? of any kind?
- serious engine problems, lost compression. (any cylinders or all)
there are tests for each one.
we do engine first
spark then fue
after a real 60k tuneup and it stalls. still.
no fuel can burn with no spark
no spark can run a bad engine.