Question about Microwave Ovens
The problem is probably a burned out turn table motor. They wear out without warning and just stop working (no abuse required - just happened to me this weekend too). The motor can easily be replaced by following these steps:
1. Unplug the microwave oven
2. Remove the panel screws on the bottom panel UNDER the microwave. With the screws removed, the panel will drop down exposing the motor.
3. Open the door and reach inside and remove the glass tray and carousel.
4. Lift up on the small coupler (what the center of the tray rests on) and it should come off the motor shaft.
5. Remove the electrical connection from the drive motor and the mounting screws and the motor is out.
6. Reinstall the new motor in the reverse of the steps I just gave you.
This repair should take 30 minutes or less. The part number for the motor is WB26X10168 and can be purchased at appliancepartspros.com for about $38. This was the cheapest place I could find it for you.
NOTE: Running the microwave without the carousel will not cause any damage to the oven itself. This is primarily used to ensure food is cooked evenly. You can continue to use your microwave until the part arrives.
If you have any questions, please let me know. I hope you find this information helpful.
Posted on Sep 08, 2009
Testimonial: "Great answer!Not hard to follow. Betcha when Iprint these out and had them to my husband he will have no problem following(Until he see's me wathching"
There's a small motor that I believe has a belt that turns the turntable. You'll have to take microwave apart to get to it.
Posted on Sep 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 30, 2012 | General Electric PEB1590DMBB: Profile 1.5...
May 13, 2012 | LG Microwave Ovens
Jun 03, 2010 | Frigidaire FMCB115GC Microwave Oven
Feb 13, 2010 | GE JVM1653 Microwave Oven
Jan 24, 2010 | Hotpoint RVM1435 Microwave Oven
Jun 29, 2017 | Panasonic NN-S763BF Microwave Oven
Jan 15, 2009 | Emerson MW8108P Microwave Oven
Aug 26, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 28, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!