Question about Fantom Titanium II (TFD500C16) 500 GB USB Hard Drive
We just moved all of our personal pictures and documents to this hard drive and it doesn"t show up anymore. It worked for the first few weeks but now is not working????
If the noise you hear is clicking or pinging then you may well have the "Click Of Death"
That said try the steps below and lets hope thats not the case.
I devised these simple steps that tend to remedy quite a few issues with most USB portable / external hard drives and devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
USB flash drives can fail for no apparent reason.
Sandisk Cruzers are especially bad for this.
USB hard drives should be treated with extreme care.
This is a real hard drive ! and knocks and bumps can quite literally kill them.
Posted on Sep 08, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Sep 13, 2011 | Seagate FreeAgent Go 250 GB USB 2.0 Hard...
Aug 25, 2011 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Feb 20, 2010 | Maxtor Personal Storage 3100 (M01E100) 100...
Jan 17, 2010 | Maxtor OneTouch II external hard drive...
Jan 06, 2010 | LaCie Rugged All-Terrain (301175) 160 GB...
Jan 05, 2010 | ASUS (90N804SH021) Hard Drive
Oct 09, 2009 | Buffalo Technology 1TB DriveStation...
Jul 12, 2011 | Fantom Titanium II (TFD500C16) 500 GB USB...
Jul 18, 2010 | Fantom Titanium II (TFD500C16) 500 GB USB...
146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: