Question about Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
How do you take off parental control on a ps2
Courtesy of Yahoo Answers:
Here is the procedure to reset the parental lock code:
1. Bring up a screen where the unit asks you to enter in the parental code. You can either insert a restricted disc, or enter the DVD setup menu and go to "parental control" under custom setup.
2. When the screen asks for the code, press the SELECT button, then enter in the code "7444".
3. The level adjustment under Parental Control dictates the strictness of the player. The lower the value, the more strict it will be. Either increase the value to lower the restriction, or disable the lock entirely by setting it to "off".
4. Once you have made your adjustments, be sure that the DVD tray is empty, and press the RESET button on the front of the Playstation 2. It is imperative the tray is clear of any DVD or game for the unit to save your settings.
Posted on Sep 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: PS2 PARENTAL CONTROL CODE
This is the only way to turn "off" parental control lock on the custom setup screen.
1) turn off ps2 with no dvd in drive.
2) turn on ps2 and insert dvd in drive.
3) when it asks about parental password, choose 'yes'.
4) when prompted for password, press 'select'.
5) the prompt will change and say 'delete password'. enter '7444'.
6) enter a new password (0000 works).
7) registration complete, dvd will start playing.
8) once the movie starts, press 'select'.
9) click the 'stop' icon.
10) click the 'stop' icon again (the icon must be gray even when you have it highlighted).
11) navigate to 'custom setup' ('select', setup icon, custom setup icon)
12) move to parental control option, press right directional button, enter password (0000).
13) move down to 'level'.
14) move up to desired level (off is at the top).
15) click 'x'.
16) go back to 'select' menu options, and press 'play'.
17) while movie is playing, eject disk and remove dvd.
18) turn ps2 off using switch on the back, keep off for five seconds.
19) turn on ps2, put dvd back in.
20) happy dance. ;)
Posted on Dec 07, 2008
SOURCE: ps2 parental control
You may want to try "5432" when you have to enter the code (not to delete the code, but where it asks you to enter it when you insert a movie). My friend had the same problem, and that's the code we used (after an hour of entering random numbers) to get past the parental control lock.
Posted on Jan 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
There are two methods to reset the Parental Control on a PlayStation 2, the Quick Method and the Easy Method.
The Quick Method to Reset Parental Control
If you do not know the Parental Control password on your Ps2, try the known defaults of 1111 and 7444.
The Easy Method to Reset Parental Control
Mar 20, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Nov 23, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Sep 11, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Sep 06, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Feb 29, 2008 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Dec 25, 2007 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Nov 20, 2007 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Aug 19, 2007 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Jul 31, 2007 | Sony PlayStation 2 Slimline Console
229 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!